Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Expert

Default Some suggestions

I don't know about anyone else, but I think I'd like to see some extra animations in Dins curse. Mainly weapon holding stances - for instance when my character holds and attacks with a staff, the same way they would a short sword, it is slightly immersion breaking.

Also, duel wielding. Duel wielding two weapons (Obviously only single handed weaponry), can only add to the game by expanding on the huge versatility of character development within Dins Curse.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Legend

I have an idea for animations. You know how the character swings his left-arm back and forth when he isnt holding a twohanded weapon or a shield. The hero should just keep his arm centered instead of swinging it. Other than that, a lot of the animations are cool. The only one that looks stupid to me is savage strike for gladiators.

As for dual wielding, it would be sick...problem is i dont think it will work. If it did work, then they should just add a ronin samurai class who dual-wields wacaizachis, ninja-tos or katanas.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Champion

I would not mind a two-handed weapon holding stance, I think it would be a good addition. On the topic of animation maybe for a future Soldak game beyond Din's having humanoid creatures drop to a knee or bug-like critters curl up a bit when stunned would be better than freezing. Instead of creating a new topic here are some more suggestions that I think should be implemented in Din's Curse (some new although some past ones from me and other posters on the Beta board).

-- Move the character modifiers (ego, hardcore, poverty, cursed...etc) somewhere else instead of to the right of the class identification below the name on the character screen to prevent the text from going past the border (when the player selects more than one modifier). My suggestion would be below the class ID or on the other stats screen.

-- Move the number level bar on the world creation screen up a bit so that the text 'easy' is not blended in with the bottom border. I would suggest adding a non-selectible hyphen below the zero so that 'easy' has something to point at or if possible remove 'easy' from the initial world creation process.

-- Maybe for a future patch with Din's or Din's Exp it would kind of be nice to have a more pimped out lifestone instead of the older model since healthstones do half as much and look twice as nice or you could switch around the models.

-- I would like to see a aura of some kind around the evil artifact to make it instantly recognizable when the player encounters the item. If you play with the item toggle feature off I think this would be a really nice feature.

-- Not sure if it's possible but seperating spawn rate and quest pace would be a nice feature. That way a player could play with slow monster respawn and a faster quest pace or a slow quest pace and a quick monster respawn.

-- More pace options on the world creation screen such as very slow or very fast.

-- I think a 'Selective Respawn' toggle on the world creation screen would be a great feature. This feature would only respawn monsters that the townsfolk / player currently have quests for. For example if a townsfolk (quest not taken) or player currently has kill 10 bone warlords then only bone warlords would be on the respawn list for the selective levels. The pace at which the monsters could respawn would be handled by the slow/fast pace world modifiers. Not sure if such a feature is possible with the spawn system but it's a nice option.

Last edited by Archon : 07-29-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:28 AM
Amateur

I agree about the lifestones, they do look much nicer for not being as beneficial.

Often I have just wiped out all the monsters on a level, just to gain a quest that requires items from said monsters which don't exist anymore. Right now, I'm both waiting for the monsters to respawn, and hoping that the right ones will be there.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Elite

Don't know if this really works, but after not finding a quest monster, I've quit the game and restarted it to then find the monster right away.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Champion

A couple more suggestions:

--There is another case of border bleeding in which the text goes past the window after you select play from the main menu when the character has enough modifiers attached to him/her. Maybe I am the only one but I think all cases in which the text goes past the border should be addressed since it's a dead give away that most of the windows are overlays and in my opinion negates any positive improvements you can make to the UI when a new player views the game for the first time since it makes the windows and text look a bit cut and paste.

--Another suggestion that I think could be beneficial to melee characters would be adding a "slight negative enemy deep wounds / critical / stun" chance per level of "Arms Mastery" for the Weaponmaster and maybe add a "negative enemy deep wounds / critical / stun" chance per level of "Blocking" for the Defender class (or entirely new skills for the Defender / Weaponmaster that just focus in on reducing enemy status effects). I think something like this would help out the melee characters quite a bit and it would be a positive , although not definitive, step in making melee characters as useful as their magical brethren.

--Dungeons that generate with a bit more secret passageways on the side and secret passages in large rooms would be nice since most of the time I find the secret passageways at the end of hallways and once in great while I might find a secret passage beside my character going down a hall.

--A far reaching suggestion I would like to make would be treat monster mages of all types like Depths Of Peril covenant members. Basically these monsters would generate with two or three random skills in a magical realm fitting for their type that would be used against the player instead of the same one or two magical attacks currently for each mage type in the game. A couple of examples off the top of my head:

Surian Mages: Sorcery
Orc Shaman: Warlock
Dark Elf: Fire / Ice / Sorcery

I know it's the most unrealistic suggestion for Din's but I think maybe for a game in the future it could add a lot of variety to the spell casters the player will encounter.

Last edited by Archon : 08-02-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

There is a monster type in the game that has a random set of skills like the DoP NPCs.
Patreon

Last edited by Shadow : 08-09-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Champion

A quick suggestion.

-- Have dead bodies in Din's respect the pick up on name only toggle. I've run into a few cases where I go and attack a enemy and instead of initiating a attack my character starts searching the dead body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
There is a monster type in the game that has a random set of skills like th DoP NPCs.
I thought that DoP covenant NPC's were allowed active skills in their repertoire, maybe it's just passive skills. It's been ages since I've played DoP so my comparison probably was poor and wasn't as accurate as I thought. I was referring more towards various active magical attacks for each generated mage. I can't think of any mage type in Din's off hand that generates with different active magical attacks and I was just suggesting to mix up their active attacks instead of a Orc Shaman which throws just poison or a Dark Elf Disciple that only uses their shadow bolt .

A better example with the Orc Shaman (using the PC's warlock / shaman spell list just for reference):

Orc Shaman A lvl 2 (Warlock / Shaman) : Lifeburn lvl 1 / Shadow Bolt lvl 1
Orc Shaman B lvl 2 (Warlock / Shaman) : Curse Of Enfeeblement lvl 1/ Shadow Bolt lvl 1
Orc Shaman C lvl 6 (Warlock / Shaman) : Holy Fire lvl 1 / Poison Resistance lvl 2
Champion Orc Shaman A lvl 8 (Warlock / Shaman) : Curse Of Pain lvl 3 / Lifeburn lvl 2 / Curse Of Stammer lvl 1
Elite Orc Shaman A lvl 20 (Warlock / Shaman) : Divine Intervention lvl 2 / Demon Mastery lvl 4 / Summon Scree lvl 2 / Lifeburn lvl 4
Old 08-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Legend

That sounds awesome. The only thing you need next is for that to work for any of the skills in the game. A monster with this would be cool-

Gladiator/Healer-Skills: Berserk and Minor Heal

Just think of a superboss with the fastest attack in the game, ability to heal and the modifiers that they usually get to make them annoying. It would be masochistic as anything.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Champion

Thumbs up

Another quick suggestion

--Have Regeneration Obelisks level up with the player like heathstones and lifestones currently. My current character is level 25 and the +1 / +2 health per second doesn't make much of a change in my health bar at this point in the game .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
That sounds awesome. The only thing you need next is for that to work for any of the skills in the game. A monster with this would be cool-

Gladiator/Healer-Skills: Berserk and Minor Heal

Just think of a superboss with the fastest attack in the game, ability to heal and the modifiers that they usually get to make them annoying. It would be masochistic as anything.
Yeah there could be some very deadly combination's with certain active skills and extending the active attacks to include melee would make sense. Maybe someday something like this could happen in a future soldak game. It would certainly expand upon an already great hack/slash combat system.