Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Amateur

Default Some thoughts.

Ok, I've been playing as a conjuror, so this will probably be slightly specific to summoning.

1) It's a times hard to move, since instead of clicking on the floor, you're clicking on one of your pets. I failed running a way several times because of this. Is it possible to disable the pets as selectable?

2) Since most of my damage dealing is related to pets, destroying barrels, chests and doors take quite a lot of time. Could the pets be directed to destroy objects?

3) Searching bodies, armor racks etc takes really long at level > 60 (when my character is ~40). Could this be quicker when there are no monsters around?

4) The rarity of items is... weird. Quite a lot of my best items are (un)common, some of them giving +11 to all stats. At one level I found the same item both as elite and rare. Not sure what to do about it, but it often feels "off" for me. Especially when I'm awarded an artifact which is worse than my equipped common item.

... having fun, though
Old 08-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by demozon View Post
4) The rarity of items is... weird. Quite a lot of my best items are (un)common, some of them giving +11 to all stats. At one level I found the same item both as elite and rare. Not sure what to do about it, but it often feels "off" for me. Especially when I'm awarded an artifact which is worse than my equipped common item.
Sorry to ignore the other 3 points, but this is one issue that I really find does spoil a major part of the game, as you say! I'm running around with mostly uncommon items with + to all stats too. It just takes so much out of it when instead of making tough choices about similar pieces of gear that could perhaps be better given certain situations, you're just going for the one that gives +25 to all stats instead of +20.

I think +all stats should be removed from the game completely, to be honest.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Elite

On item 4, I've posted this a couple of times before, but you might want to give these mods a try.

http://www.soldak.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=15
Old 08-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Elite

Thanks Caal I'll give those a try.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:54 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by demozon View Post
2) Since most of my damage dealing is related to pets, destroying barrels, chests and doors take quite a lot of time. Could the pets be directed to destroy objects?
Yes, this is most annoying. The pets should just help you when you attack a door, like they do with cave-ins.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirium View Post
Yes, this is most annoying. The pets should just help you when you attack a door, like they do with cave-ins.
I think a fix for this is to disable pet clicking all together, if you want to buff/heal your pet you can do it from their interface icons top left.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Legend

Default Warlock Pet Balance

I really like the warlock subclass because of the demons that you get, especially the scree. It's the weakest pet you get but it still is just a cool looking creature. I was thinking that maybe there could be some minor improvement for the scree. I calculated out how much they get per lvl out to a whopping 2 health per lvl. The lich mastery is good for the necro cuz of the added health bonus, but I think it would be cool for the warlock if demon mastery or the skill itself even added a minor 2% bonus. That way it is fair for the furies and chaos lords and makes screes a somewhat possible monster to use. As it stands now they are good to use as a distraction but mostly just die a lot.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Expert

I think I'm quote confused about how the item generation works in terms of the random modifiers. I don't mind having uncommon be better than rares to be honest.

I'm not sure if the restrictions on item power is in the number of modifiers or the modifiers themselves.

I think it is nice to think that you can be decent without the whole 'epic lootz lol' thing, I like that and I'd like to keep at least part of the overlap in item power there.

At the same time, I do see where you're coming from.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatStalin View Post
Sorry to ignore the other 3 points, but this is one issue that I really find does spoil a major part of the game, as you say! I'm running around with mostly uncommon items with + to all stats too. It just takes so much out of it when instead of making tough choices about similar pieces of gear that could perhaps be better given certain situations, you're just going for the one that gives +25 to all stats instead of +20.

I think +all stats should be removed from the game completely, to be honest.
I have to admit, the +all stats items i tend to pick over any other items as well. They just seem to boost everything so much more. I will sacrifice 10+ armor at lower levels to get a piece of armor with +all stats. That could use some balancing
Old 08-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Elite

Personally, I think the plus all stats bonus should occupy multiple "modifier slots" and only be available on certain types of gear (jewelry) or only on Very Rare and better items. It should probably also be limited to giving no more than say 25% of the stat bonus an item of equal level would give. So, as an example, if a level 40 item with a singular stat bonus can give up to a maximum of +20 to one stat, a level 40 "all stats" bonus should be limited to a max of +5 to each stat. Still technically better, but perhaps more balanced. I'd personally take +20 Dex over +5 to all my stats, but I'd actually stop and think about it at least...

Unless of course this limitation is already the case. I'm not really sure, as I haven't seen many +all stats and I also haven't been able to play lately.