Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Expert

I like the idea of sets but from what i have seen I get the impression that there aren't any sets that are more interesting than the good old legendary/artefact/elite items
Old 11-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Champion

Ciglio's and Tover's sets are kinda-sorta worth wearing at low levels (8-12 or so), though the Tover bracers require an absurd character L16, which is well beyond the point you'd want to be wearing Tover's full stuff. Most full set bonuses are more trouble than they're worth.

Greta's and Alek's sets aren't bad at low levels, and Alek's at least only occupies two gear slots. I suppose Mudbeard's is passable if you haven't found better plate or (non-plate) mail equipment. It takes until Dez's or Skadd's set, roughly character L25-35, to get a set weapon that doesn't stink.

Compared to uniques, set items at least don't have the massive variance in their primary stat (AC/DPS) and only vary like regular items. Uniques can vary +- 33% from the median. A sub-20 DPS Hell Fury bow like I recently found is a pitiful, useless sight when my other 3 Hell Fury bows are 30+ DPS and 95% of the bows I find with that character ATM, period, are 20+ DPS. Side note: there's a unique ax called Hell Fury, too.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Expert

Found HellFury and used it 'till level 60 when i respecced to a 1h flame sword with 158 dps and a shield. i am curious though about avernum set.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:25 AM
Expert

I agree with that Manumitted, what i do with my sets items is use them on new characters but for now that's the only situation they mane sence to me
Old 11-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Elite

My rogue has the full Aversion set. Though int isn't a stat I've been assigning points to when I level, the 112 int combined with high dagger spec, stealth and an assassin's belt (+110% crit) make for an effective 100% crit rate at least while stealth benefits last. I'm going to have to focus on int for a great many levels to get back to that with higher quality items, so it's a pretty sweet set for its level IMHO.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Expert

Any recommendations for sets I should keep an eye out for? Current characters are a pure Wizard (24ish) and a Weaponsmaster/Paladin (8).
Old 11-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Elite

I like Mudbeard's set, and Draaien's set is crazy good at very high levels.
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?
Old 11-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Elite

Sven's set is actually an upgrade to Draiien's set. And for all you wondering, those bonuses are added up, not either or. (24 str 24 vit) + (48 str 48 vit) + (48 str 48 dex 48 vit), crazy. That said, my warrior has found better individual pieces for all applicable slots so far. I'll keep it around to see if the entire set is an upgrade or not.