Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default Din beta patch 1.008

Beta Patch 1.008 of Din's Curse is now available over on the Din's Curse patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch is mostly polishing changes, but does have a few fixes and balance changes.
Patreon
Old 10-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Legend

Thanks for the patch shadow. I have a few questions.

1) With the added world modifier to monster enhancements, does that mean that you can modify what monsters you get or how tough they are?

2) Now skills can specify more than 1 weapon type. Not sure about what this means.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
1) With the added world modifier to monster enhancements, does that mean that you can modify what monsters you get or how tough they are?
World modifiers can now specify that specific monster enhancements are more common than normal. For example, you could have a world modifier that made the world have way more Fire Imbued monsters than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
2) Now skills can specify more than 1 weapon type. Not sure about what this means.
This is really for weapon masteries. An example, you can now have a mastery like skill that works for daggers and one handed swords.
Patreon
Old 10-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Amateur

Great amount of changes, awesome job staying on top of things and listening to the community for suggestions!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Expert

My caster is fine with the non-moving spell cast, however can you make it so the character completely stop after casting a spell? I tend to spam spells sometimes and as I stomp the keyboard button my mage will try to run to the previous click location and he would move a few steps between the casting interval which is a little annoying on the screen. Btw is the buff/debuff icon appearing when you cast spell necessary? I find it a little distracting.

Otherwise great patch, I love the little green marker in town gate list showing which level you have quests on and the much improved set bonus makes a few sets worth getting now.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Champion

Just got through reading the patch notes, really big update to Din's.

Really quick question, one critical UI issue left IMO is the text overflow problem and I was just wondering with new graphics being added to the expansion will there be any work on the text overflow/GUI window front or is it too much work to fix the text/window issue at this stage?
Old 10-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Elite

So far looks pretty good. Though I was a mite miffed when it took a while to find the town 'Gate' spot. When looking at the large map it didn't show up. Did show up when down in the dungeon on the 'gates' I'd discovered. Double checked when I got back up to see if it was a blip and still didn't see it marked even when I remembered where it was. Oh, Mac version of 1.008.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Champion

Default Most excellent

I just picked up this game a couple of weeks ago from Impulse (Stardock) and am looking forward to this patch, well really my necromancer/weaponmaster is looking forward to it with the healthstone upgrade

A question about this patch:

Will 1.007 characters port over cleanly to 1.008?

Or in general:

Will you warn us if characters from a previous version of the game will _not_ work with an upcoming patch?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:12 AM
Elite

Thumbs down

This is the first patch that brings a change I don't like...
My most frequently played mage character is now severly crippled due to the whole "offensive skills requires the caster to stand still" thing (he was all about casting Chain Lightning at insane speeds while running away from what he was targeting).
I don't really mind the animation glitch this causes; I'd rather have it the old way, so I guess I'll be waiting for someone to release a mod that reverts it back to the way it was pre-1.008.

-Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice there's an official mod already... I'm just going to use this. All is well.

Last edited by Valgor : 10-08-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Champion

Yes bit of a powerful nerf, many mages will be getting chopped up today.
Perhaps it should have been a -50% speed modifier rather than a complete stop.

Doesn't bother me terribly however as now maybe warriors will look useful.
However, archers are completely unaffected by this; they were already better than mages due to a number of factors. Perhaps their special abilities should not be exempt?