Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > News > News/Blog comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-16-2010, 03:07 PM
DeathKnight1728's Avatar
DeathKnight1728 DeathKnight1728 is offline
Legend
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Joisey
Posts: 1,074
Default

Speaking of the classes, how is the demon hunter shadow? When you said one of them was a twohanded weapon user with aoe attacks and has a mastery for that i thought that might be too good. I mean twohanded weapons are the most damaging weapons in the game and even if they are slow, if you took another class like say the weaponmaster you'd probably be unstopable to everything, maybe even bosses like the dreaded taris.

Whether its imbalanced or not though, i could care less...this game will rock.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Shadow's Avatar
Shadow Shadow is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
Speaking of the classes, how is the demon hunter shadow? When you said one of them was a twohanded weapon user with aoe attacks and has a mastery for that i thought that might be too good. I mean twohanded weapons are the most damaging weapons in the game and even if they are slow, if you took another class like say the weaponmaster you'd probably be unstopable to everything, maybe even bosses like the dreaded taris.
A weaponmaster/reaver will be interesting with multiple weapon masteries.
__________________
Steven Peeler
Designer/programmer
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, Zombasite, Din's Legacy, & Drox Operative 2
Patreon
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Shadow's Avatar
Shadow Shadow is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,416
Default

Not sure I mentioned this but you can now scoop up spilled liquids into empty vials in the expansion (oil, alcohol, etc). I added this a while back, but saw Delilah scooping up an oil spill so I thought I would mention it. With oil you get a flaming weapon powerup that you can use whenever you want.
__________________
Steven Peeler
Designer/programmer
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, Zombasite, Din's Legacy, & Drox Operative 2
Patreon
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Roswitha Roswitha is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Not sure I mentioned this but you can now scoop up spilled liquids into empty vials in the expansion (oil, alcohol, etc). I added this a while back, but saw Delilah scooping up an oil spill so I thought I would mention it. With oil you get a flaming weapon powerup that you can use whenever you want.
Talk about interactive!

Can you do anything with ice or magma?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-17-2010, 04:47 AM
udm udm is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Not sure I mentioned this but you can now scoop up spilled liquids into empty vials in the expansion (oil, alcohol, etc). I added this a while back, but saw Delilah scooping up an oil spill so I thought I would mention it. With oil you get a flaming weapon powerup that you can use whenever you want.
Finally!!!

It just keeps getting better and better. Moar features!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Shadow's Avatar
Shadow Shadow is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
Can you do anything with ice or magma?
You can't right now, because it's not really realistic. However, fun usually trumps realistic for me.
__________________
Steven Peeler
Designer/programmer
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, Zombasite, Din's Legacy, & Drox Operative 2
Patreon
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Roswitha Roswitha is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
Can you do anything with ice or magma?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
You can't right now, because it's not really realistic. However, fun usually trumps realistic for me.
Maybe the weaponsmith's forge fire goes out and he gives you a metal container to go get some magma.

Or somebody wants to make an icebox to keep their food cold. Or you could just melt the ice and use the water against fire elementals.

If you haven't done it already.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-17-2010, 01:50 PM
FloodSpectre's Avatar
FloodSpectre FloodSpectre is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
Maybe the weaponsmith's forge fire goes out and he gives you a metal container to go get some magma.
I like this one. It'd be a simple enough quest, but still, there's something about it that's fun
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Roswitha Roswitha is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloodSpectre View Post
I like this one. It'd be a simple enough quest, but still, there's something about it that's fun
And maybe while the weaponsmith's fire's out, he can't do any repairs or get new inventory...
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-17-2010, 09:27 PM
FloodSpectre's Avatar
FloodSpectre FloodSpectre is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
And maybe while the weaponsmith's fire's out, he can't do any repairs or get new inventory...
I was thinking this very same thing while in the car today. For that matter, it might just be that the mail and plate armorsmiths need that fuel too...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2019 Soldak Entertainment, Inc.