Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Legend

Default An Idea for Future Games

I was playing age of decadence's demo and was having a ball with a spear type character in the game and it occurred to me, what would be cooler than if depths of peril or any of these games had a quick, finesseful spear user with impaling attacks that go through armor, yet dont do as much damage when in front of the character. Has anyone else thought of this? I cant be alone. Other than characters that use daggers, i find the art of using a spear fascinating. Not as powerful as using a sword but...in a skilled users hands you can kill many enemies without them getting close.

Just an idea for shadow, so i dont forget it. Im sure he's thought of it once at least but it could definitely be a great idea for a future class in a new game.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Elite

A lot of games seem to neglect the spear, but I've been a fan of it since the first Fallout. I could see it being a good addition, especially if its reach were properly handled.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Legend

Im thinking that if soldak were to do it, it could be 2 specialties on melee and the 3rd could be a passive ability. These guys would be more interested in impaling and finishing enemies with 1 strike, compared to the warrior and even the thief that set up the attacks for others to work.

The 1st spear guy would be an all out offensive warrior that wields a twohanded spear with ease and maximises on reach. Warriors might do a bit more damage but that is they hit first. The second guy would be a jabber so to say that focuses on speed attacks generally with a javelin or other onehanded spear. This class might even benefit from using a spear. Even though they dont have as much reach as the 1st guy, they have more defense (from shield) and a bit more reach than a sword. The 3rd would be like the passive skills that would enhance the build. Im not sure what would work but something that enhances reach making this character even deadlier to fight. Also since they would have problems with fighting up close they would need a skill that helps with that slice for the rogue building momentum. This skill would be a kick of some sort that stuns the opponent for less than a second or something so they can get at a better range to keep poking. Idk if that would work, i still think it would be a cool class to consider.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Champion

I'd like a spear. Many, many common weapons have been put aside in games. I'd like an armor piercing mechanic that changes on the type of weapon/sword/etc.