Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Elite

Default Typos

The things to be clarified thread has too broad a scope to be useful for finding typos, so here's a thread for them all to their own:

1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatStalin View Post
Secondly, I started my first game with 'Invasion Mode' on, and immediately when I began, the town was being invaded by skeletons/zombies. A lot of NPCs died and were too turned into zombies. When people mentioned a particular NPC dying in this case (I'm not sure if it's because they were turned into zombies, or if it counts as me killing the NPC myself), what they were killed by would be blank. E.G.: 'Too bad Ward (Weaponsmith) got killed by a .'
2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatStalin View Post
I had a quest from a Townsperson because they were starving. The quest text says: 'X has no money and is starving. If no help, X will likely starve to death. ...' I suppose it should say something like 'Without help' instead of 'If no help'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloodSpectre View Post
The description of the quest has a typo too. "If no help, <townsperson> will likely starve..." should be "If she receives no help..."
3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyosborne View Post
The Rabbit's Paw achievement just reads weird to me.

"Unlocks after having a character with at least +500% magic chance"

I believe how this should read is:

"Unlocks after having a character with at least +500% magic find chance"
4) [More a style inconsistency than a strict typo]
Quote:
One other little oddity. I've gotten two of the new townsperson quests so far, the aforementioned starving quest and the mining quest, and the descriptions for the quests are inconsistent with the base game's writing. All the original quests are written from the first person, ie, "Deliver this package for me", whereas the new ones are all from the third, "Whitney has no money and is starving." I'm not sure if this is an issue to you Shadow, but I thought I'd point it out.
5)
Quote:
Finally, the wording on the "mine gold" quest is off. One part says, "...but it's a bit too dangerous for them." Them should be replaced with either him or her, or with the NPC's name. The current wording just sounds wrong. Also, the "special gold vein" might better be referred to as the "specific gold vein".
6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
Demon Armor (Demonologist): Using pieces of vanguished demons [should be vanquished]
7) Status text: The Overlord Zealous Cavern Level 2 has sent Lutin (an Imp) to block a gate!

Should it be The Overlord [of], or is Zealous Cavern Level 2 actually a sentient being that orders things to its will? Given that zealousy is a human quality, and that most of our deaths are probably by the environment, I'm not so sure, but...

Last edited by Nobear : 12-30-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Champion

Thanks for putting this thread together Nobear.

As a general comment about the achievements, I think they could all use a bit of clarification on whether:

1) The achievement applies to a single character achievement.
2) Whether the achievement applies to all of the characters controlled by the human being playing the game.

For example, the achievement for a "Rogue who has been granted freedom" is clear.

The criterion for the achievement "Unlocks after finding 100 GP" is not clear to me.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyosborne View Post
The criterion for the achievement "Unlocks after finding 100 GP" is not clear to me.
I was wondering about this one too. Is it finding a pile of 100GP at once? Gathering 100GP total over a single character's adventuring career? 100GP total in a character's inventory at once?
Old 12-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

In this case I believe it is finding 100GP across all of your characters.
Patreon
Old 12-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Elite

Ok, thanks for the clarification Shadow

One more achievement typo. Both Envy and Golden Armor misspell equipment as equipement.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Expert

Default Demon Armor

In the spell description for Demon Armor, it says "Using pieces of vanguished demons," - it should be vanquished, not vanguished.

EDIT: Another text issue is with the mining quests. The NPC talks to me in third person ("Christings was planning on doing some mining down in the dungeons today, but it's a bit too dangerous for them" when Christings is the person talking to me. Shouldn't the name be replaced with "I", and "them" with "me"?). The quest completion window also states "Talk to the Christings in [Dungeon level where vein is] when the quest is completed"; that's where the vein was sure enough, but the NPC is in town. It should just say "Talk to Christings when the quest is completed."

Last edited by Aet : 12-31-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: found another typo
Old 12-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Elite

In the World Setup screen the modifier "Raging Hoards" should be spelt "Raging Hordes", unless of course it creates a world of kleptomaniac leprechauns or something of the sort

Last edited by Kruztee : 12-31-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Amateur

earthquake machine has built a darkness machine?
Foo is no longer a town town luminary?
Old 12-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Elite

The Circle of Power skill uses an opening parenthesis in its description but never closes it.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral23 View Post
earthquake machine has built a darkness machine?
Foo is no longer a town town luminary?
Oh no, the machines are breeding!