Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Elite

Default Demon War BETA + 1.013 bugs

This is a placeholder thread. For now, it serves to announce 1.013, since I hardly check the vanilla Din's Curse forums any more, and figure others might be the same way.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Champion

First! :P Nothing to be happy about...

I was doing level 1 on my new hardcore character and I found this neutral Scree who asked me to attack the bad skellies.

I had already done so I told him and had a truce with...

FactionNameDemonss!?

Nice quest idea! I LOVE it! Another problem is that I don't remember seeing screes at low levels... The monsters should be appropriate to the level.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss0067.jpg (18.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ss0066.jpg (18.7 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Ghost Matter : 01-06-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Elite

FactionNameDemonss, that is classic! It kind of pains me to see funny things get taken out just because they are bugs.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Elite

I am still having to abandon towns because I can't find a boss on a level, and I have a feeling it's not that he's hidden behind a secret. In this case, I checked every possible wall on two separate trips. I kept my eye out for what a secret wall looks like in this level, and on all walls which were open and didn't have another wall right behind them, I also clicked repeatedly to see if it could be a secret.

I have a feeling it is either a case of the boss being on a different level than the quest says, or the boss not existing at all, or being in some room which is impossible to get to, etc.

UPDATE: I restarted the entire game application, and the boss was there. Still an issue to be fixed: making sure everything's there without having to restart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2011-01-06 at 5.36.31 PM.jpg (22.5 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Nobear : 01-06-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Amateur

I was having trouble finding sorties like the fog machines in version 1.012, that problem may have carried over. I came to the same result; after restarting a couple times, they would show up.

While playing version 1.013 tonight, I have noticed a few things:
1. I completed the "Find 5 Slate Chunks" quest for the armorsmith, and was promised a random weapon. Upon completion, no weapon was dropped (nor was the sound "weapon dropped" played). I did still receive the listed exp and gold for the quest.

2. After having defeated the anti-magic machine, AM fields were still popping up and blocking the use of magic. There were no further "destroy the AM" quests at this time. In version 1.012 AM fields would pop up after the AM was destroyed, but magic was still allowed whilst in the bounds of the field.

3. Maybe I just got lucky when I finished the previous world, but the summary page all fit onto the screen, rather than having to scroll down to find out how many NPCs died. I like that, and along those lines, the formatting on the skills interface could be changed slightly. Some hybrid builds go past the border of the skills graphic. (I can attach a screen shot of this). I would put (Din's Legend), etc on a second line below the character class, or put it next to the character name (again, bumping down a line for a long name)

Last edited by Bomphav : 01-07-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Amateur

an exploit I found still exists too.

Simply clear a level in the dungeon (for a substantial EXP bonus), and then proceed to clear the cave ins to get the aforementioned bonus repeatedly.
If the player has the ability to produce additional cave ins (ala Fire Maelstrom), this really turns into a very nice free EXP 'sploit.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:59 AM
Elite

I was glad to see that the Infestation quest was reduced to 5 bugs, but then another town had me kill 12. Don't know if this is within your new range.

Maybe it would help for you to list ranges like this, or dungeon sizes for a given world setting, so we can know what to look for and make sure it works as intended.

Loot update: level 88 now, still nothing new. What dungeon level ranges are the 85 and 95 uniques supposed to drop in? I am wondering whether it might be a bug preventing the new loot from dropping at all. Maybe for your own testing, you can ramp up the chance of the new loot to some ridiculously high chance, see if any drops, and bring the chance back down when you pinpoint the issue. If there is one, that is. Still keeping my eye out.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
I was glad to see that the Infestation quest was reduced to 5 bugs, but then another town had me kill 12. Don't know if this is within your new range.

Loot update: level 88 now, still nothing new. What dungeon level ranges are the 85 and 95 uniques supposed to drop in?
5 - 12 is the new range for infestations.

I'm not sure the actual range (it's complicated) but you should have a chance to see the new items at level 88. I'm going to look into this issue (hopefully today).
Patreon
Old 01-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Elite

Are any of the new items named Imbued this or that? Because I've come across a few of those and didn't think anything of them. I thought I was supposed to be looking for uniques, but higher level randoms are cool too!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
Are any of the new items named Imbued this or that? Because I've come across a few of those and didn't think anything of them. I thought I was supposed to be looking for uniques, but higher level randoms are cool too!
That should be one of the newer ones.
Patreon