Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Elite

Default Post your new 85 and 95 loot here

Shadow, feel free to delete if you don't like this idea, but I want to see if anyone at all is finding the new loot. If you think the item is new, post it's name and Shadow can tell you if it's new or not. That might help figure out if there's a bug preventing the new loot from dropping, or if it's just super rare. I wouldn't mind super rare as long as I knew it was out there.

Also, Shadow, could you tell us what level dungeons it should start dropping in, and which level dungeons have the highest chance of it?

Last edited by Nobear : 01-07-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Expert

Here are the new 2 weapons I found, have not seen any set items yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (63.6 KB, 47 views)
Old 01-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

The new items are all normal items, not uniques.
Patreon
Old 01-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
The new items are all normal items, not uniques.
When you say "normal", does that mean no uniques, sets, artifacts, etc..? Is there a plan to add some additional ones?

Side note...

Is there a website i can go to and view all the different set items and uniques?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac View Post
When you say "normal", does that mean no uniques, sets, artifacts, etc..? Is there a plan to add some additional ones?

Side note...

Is there a website i can go to and view all the different set items and uniques?
That is correct. Right now I don't have plans of adding new uniques.

I don't know of any website that has all of your set/unique items posted.
Patreon
Old 01-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Elite

How difficult of a process would it be to add new uniques? From a player perspective, this would be a highly desirable feature and one that is common to many RPG expansions. I understand that you are just one man though, and that adding new uniques might require significant resources and time.

Would you ever consider doing something like a $3.99 uniques "mini-expansion"? I have in mind something like what Arcen did with their 'Children of Neinzul' mini-expansion for AI War. It's a little bit of content for those who want to pay for it, but it isn't required to play the game.

Last edited by Castruccio : 01-07-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Today I'm actually adding 2 new items of every type at levels 85 and 95 that should help with a lot of this.
I could have sworn you said uniques, but I guess it was my imagination! So let me get this straight: what we should look for are green or yellow items that require levels 85 or 95, which should drop in dungeons approximately levels 80-100? So this is, after all, the extension of the random loot generator that I asked for?
Old 01-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castruccio View Post
How difficult of a process would it be to add new uniques? From a player perspective, this would be a highly desirable feature and one that is common to many RPG expansions. I understand that you are just one man though, and that adding new uniques might require significant resources and time.

Would you ever consider doing something like a $3.99 uniques "mini-expansion"? I have in mind something like what Arcen did with their 'Children of Neinzul' mini-expansion for AI War. It's a little bit of content for those who want to pay for it, but it isn't required to play the game.
They aren't hard exactly. Basically they require a new entry, a name, a bunch of set modifiers, and an icon. Doing a few isn't hard, but doing a lot of them is pretty time intensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
I could have sworn you said uniques, but I guess it was my imagination! So let me get this straight: what we should look for are green or yellow items that require levels 85 or 95, which should drop in dungeons approximately levels 80-100? So this is, after all, the extension of the random loot generator that I asked for?
Yeah, grey, green, and yellow. You are looking for Imbued, Rune, Mithril, Adamantium, Hickory Composite, and Yew Composite items.
Patreon
Old 01-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Elite

Thanks a ton. Alright, finally my first new yellow item which wasn't cursed:

Imbued Hide Boots
Rare, Leather
Requires level 82

Not quite an upgrade, but that's an 82 and not a 92 item, so here's to hoping!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2011-01-07 at 1.49.21 PM.jpg (39.8 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Nobear : 01-07-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Expert

Shadow if there are no new elites then the +30 movement speed in the 2h sword I found must be implemented with the expansion. Can I assume there are some changes to some of the elite modifiers ? (and can you tell me which one was changed? )