Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Champion

Default Does Magic Crushing Blow even work?

Aside from rarely going off, Magic Crushing Blows don't seem to do proper damage. I finished an L30 or so Elite Wisp with a listed Magic Crush Shatter for 212 damage. This character's L12 Shatter is listed at 85-150 Cold and 65-185 Physical damage (plus 15% Cold from L2 Cold Mastery). Even if the Crush doesn't apply to the elemental damage, that's a minimum of 65% Cold resist shown by a typical mid-level, near-zero resists or armor mob. A subsequent Crushing Shatter on a different mob species, standard rank this time, also amounted to 212 damage, so I doubt it's a one-off case of meeting a mob with mega-Cold resist.

These figures were noted with an older game version before the recent resistance changes.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Elite

Shatter's physical damage is the initial single target hit, and the cold damage is the explosion. You hit for 185 * 1.15 = 212.75. The enemy had next to no armor, which is what would reduce the physical portion of the damage.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
Shatter's physical damage is the initial single target hit, and the cold damage is the explosion. You hit for 185 * 1.15 = 212.75. The enemy had next to no armor, which is what would reduce the physical portion of the damage.
Why does Cold Mastery increase physical damage? That makes no sense, but it must be the answer. I carefully watched a few dozen castings of the spell last night, and damage never exceeded 424 on listed Criticals, which value must have been Crit Crushes and showed up several times.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manumitted View Post
Why does Cold Mastery increase physical damage? That makes no sense, but it must be the answer. I carefully watched a few dozen castings of the spell last night, and damage never exceeded 424 on listed Criticals, which value must have been Crit Crushes and showed up several times.
Going a little off-topic here, but whatever... I've been thinking about this for a while now, and it really bothers me that the various Mastery skills increase "skill damage" instead of increasing their specific elemental damage. I'd much prefer them as skills increasing elemental damage across the board, because for one it just makes more sense, and secondly, it would also increase the usefulness of fire/ice bombs and weapons with elemental damage bonuses.