Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Default Din beta patch 1.017

Beta Patch 1.017 of Din's Curse is now available over on the Din's Curse patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch contains a bunch of small fixes and some balance changes.
Patreon
Old 01-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Champion

I was going through one of my player stashes and noticed something odd with one of the items. I believe it is Damek's Cap, but it is orange(Elite)instead of light blue(set)and the name is like this: DameksCapDameksCapFake

Nothing else seems out of place about it, but I don't have an unaffected Damek's Cap to compare to. Also, just to clarify, I do not, have not, nor do I want to try and dupe items(if possible), so that has nothing to do with this.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

It's definitely not a dupe type thing. I screwed up the name, but that's now a "fake" Damek's Cap. The "real" Damek's Cap is about 40 levels higher now if I remember correctly.
Patreon
Old 01-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Elite

I haven't update to 1.017 yet, but I don't see this on the "changes" list.

My quest list says my character is at war with the Scarabus Exploders.
But I just had a town invasion of elves, with the message
"Due to our war with the Dark Elf Priest they are attacking the town".

So either that should be a town invasion of the same type that is warring, or the message should be changed to:
"Taking advantage of our war with the Scarabus Exploders, the Dark Elf Priests are attacking the town."
Old 01-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Elite

I'm pretty sure I've run into the wrong race type war issue too, but I can't quite recall. It was definitely a while ago, and only once.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Expert

Default Patching issues

Shadow,
Can you lease check the compatibility of the patches? I just tried to install 1017 and had to revert BACK to 1011. Thanks!

Btw, I do not have Demon Wars... yet

That should read "please". I really need more coffee before pounding the keyboard.

Last edited by Hagaar : 02-01-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: edit of post
Old 02-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagaar View Post
Can you please check the compatibility of the patches? I just tried to install 1017 and had to revert BACK to 1011.
What do you mean by compatibility? Do you mean like with different hardware specs or with the base game?
Patreon
Old 02-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
What do you mean by compatibility? Do you mean like with different hardware specs or with the base game?
The game. I tried reinstalling the game from the disk, added the mods you have listed on the "Mods" page then installed 1017. Only to have the error message pop up telling me that it was not compatible (see my post concerning this earlier).

I had it on my laptop (Vista) then tried installing it onto my PC (XP). Same install and same issue. I've decided to uninstall the game out of frustration. But will go back at some point since I was really enjoying the game and thinking about DW.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagaar View Post
The game. I tried reinstalling the game from the disk, added the mods you have listed on the "Mods" page then installed 1017. Only to have the error message pop up telling me that it was not compatible (see my post concerning this earlier).

I had it on my laptop (Vista) then tried installing it onto my PC (XP). Same install and same issue. I've decided to uninstall the game out of frustration. But will go back at some point since I was really enjoying the game and thinking about DW.
This might be difficult now, but what was the exact wording of the error?

Also which mods did you have installed?
Patreon
Old 02-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
This might be difficult now, but what was the exact wording of the error?

Also which mods did you have installed?
"Critical Error. Version mismatch! Please apply the latest patch (even if you have applied it before)." Is the error message.

The mods were the ones you have on the Mods Page: No Pentagrams Mod, No Abandon Penalty (as needed), No Town Attacks Mod, Brighter Dungeons Mod, Safer Cave-ins mod, Arachnophobia Mod (these are all version 1). Unlock Modes Mod (This WAS version 1. I replaced it with the current version 2).

The following are from the community: Din's Additionals, Starting Backpack, Brighter Dungeons, dungeon levels, icolor and Stack.

I had downloaded the latest version of the patch and applied it AFTER installing Ver 2 of Unlocks Mod.