Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Legend

Default Thoughts on Demonologist class

Ive played the reaver a bit, the warden a little, but mostly the demonologist is my favorite. The skills you can use to benefit are few though depending on the build.

Besides impale being awesome and demon armor being helpful, there are 3 ways of buffing your damage that i used.

-Blood sacrifice. I dont really like this skill. It just puts your character too at risk to dying and the health that you lose per second is bad. It might be good if you use a lot of aoe attacks but thats about it.

-Blood rage. This skill is awesome if you use it the right way, or with the right hybrid. Does half the damage of blood sacrifice but...with less risk. Getting hit enables you to use this, so if you have a class that gets hit a lot, this can be awesome. You can stack this up to 4 times at once so the damage gets pretty high. This skill goes well with the regular demon hunter only if he uses a shield. It can also be used for a gladiator/demonologist which is an awesome hybrid since getting hit not only isnt a problem, it gives you mana, blood rage which gives damage for aoe attacks like cleave. Overall the skill is pretty good.

-Circle of Protection, and Circle of Power. These two ive been using the most as i find them great if you are used to fighting defensive battles. Circle of power makes you an offensive dynamo enhancing crits, crushing, and damage by a lot. The good thing is the time on both of the circles goes up by 5 seconds per level along with the damage that you get. The only thing im not sure about is what circle of protection does. It states that it gives you physical resistance yet i dont see what that means. Is that armor? Either way these two skills are great and i could see them making great hybrids with classes like the archer and hunter who do a lot of defensive fighting by luring them to the circle to blast them.

-Only other one i used a bit is demon roar. Its really good, but only if you dont have a lot of defense problems. A good hybrid for this is the assassin/demonologist as precise strike deals a lot of damage and is only triggered by distractions. Demon roar causes distractions for a radius, which works very nicely.

-I used inferno and its pretty bad. Was thinking that it could be made useful at higher levels if something was done about its damage. Maybe it could deal thorns type damage, like 1% per level. At level 20 it would do 20% damage of your weapon. I dont know how well that would work, but it would certainly be better than it is now.

I havent really used the other skills that much to say. There's definitely a lot of room to experiment though

Last edited by DeathKnight1728 : 02-12-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Physical resistance works exactly like normal resistance except with physical damage. So you would get damage reduction from armor and the resistance.
Patreon
Old 02-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Physical resistance works exactly like normal resistance except with physical damage. So you would get damage reduction from armor and the resistance.
Ok then thats cool. I wasnt sure because it didnt appear under armor.