Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Other > Other RPGs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Champion

Default Sacred 2

It was released for PC and then console a year+ later. Ascaron is no longer, and there remains plenty of bugs in both console and PC port, but that didn't stop me from putting in hundreds of hours in this game since its release.

Any other fans?
Old 04-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Champion

One of these days, if "they" ever get it sorted out/more fixes/some kinda cheap combo pack, I've reckoned it'd be nice to play this game and the expansion that came out for it before everything crashed down in flames.

I mean, they were crazy enough to get Blind Guardian into the game---that says something right there!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Expert

I played it for about 50-60 hours...it's an OK game but there's too many issues that made me loose interest. Not really talking about bugs either...I don't like a lot of the design choices. Worth the dough imo though, got my monies worth I think.

*edit*

BTW, did you just make a thread about Din's on gamespot?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuggs40 View Post
Jorlen seems to be everywhere, which is very nice.
Patreon
Old 04-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Champion

Quote:
I played it for about 50-60 hours...it's an OK game but there's too many issues that made me loose interest. Not really talking about bugs either...I don't like a lot of the design choices. Worth the dough imo though, got my monies worth I think.

*edit*

60 hours eh? Nice. I'm ashamed to say I've put in at least 200 hours in that game since release. I keep coming back to it. Apart from the bugs left in the game by Ascaron (sadly they closed their doors shortly after the console port of S2) I absolutely love their take on it. But, most people I know that game feel the same way you do about the design decisions.

And yeah, lol I did make a thread. I'm everywhere! Nice shirt, btw. I'm also working on getting the game updated on Gamespot so that we can post user reviews and stuff. Right now it's stuck at TBA so it's unreleased meaning we can't add user content. Soon though!
Old 07-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Expert

Just picked up the first Sacred(Sacred Gold)on Steam, they have it on their Summer sale for $3.39. I never played either Sacred game and said what the heck at that price.

So far I've played about 6 hours and really am enjoying it even for a 5 year old game, it's very addictive.
Reminds me of a hack&slash version of Divine Divinity an RPG I loved when it came out.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Expert

I really loved the first Sacred, great game. And yeah it still looks nice even today...I think the art still holds up very well.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Expert

Quote:
I really loved the first Sacred, great game. And yeah it still looks nice even today...I think the art still holds up very well.
It really does still still look good. I'm surprised I never played it till now considering how much I like Diablo styled games...even played games like Loki through a dry spell last year, and that was bad, buggy and boring, luckily it was another Steam low baller.

All the bugs I had heard about Sacred 2 kept me away from that one, but after I finish S1 I'm going to give it a go.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Champion

I was interested in trying Sacred 2 although I hated the screen respawn from the first Sacred game, too much grinding from place to place for my tastes, not sure if Sacred 2 has the same mechanic. Although I agree with the art style, I enjoyed the graphics in Sacred since it sort of reminded me of the first Diablo game which I felt was one of the few games to have superior artwork/atmosphere than it's sequel.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon View Post
I was interested in trying Sacred 2 although I hated the screen respawn from the first Sacred game, too much grinding from place to place for my tastes, not sure if Sacred 2 has the same mechanic. Although I agree with the art style, I enjoyed the graphics in Sacred since it sort of reminded me of the first Diablo game which I felt was one of the few games to have superior artwork/atmosphere than it's sequel.
The enemies respawn in areas if you leave them and come back. I haven't played the first sacred game, but to me, this mechanic suits the game (sacred 2 that is). The idea is to be able to travel and do side quests at your leisure, and I like the fact that if you need to replenish the monsters you can just teleport out and back in.

If that's not your thing, do not get sacred 2 Lots of grinding, the level cap is 200 lol