Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Other > Other RPGs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Expert

Sorry didn't mean it wasn't fair...just it's now priced out of "impulse buy" territory
Old 05-23-2010, 03:14 AM
Expert

This weekend, on sale for $18.72!

http://www.impulsedriven.com/eschalonbookii
Old 05-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Elite

Mac and Linux versions will be released this coming Wed. May 26th. DVD version with all 3 computer types (PC, Mac, Linux) will be sent out first part of June.

There have been several update versions for PC so make sure you get the latest. We beta testers didn't find all the bugs and typo's so PC users were testers too. Oh, look on the forums for the link to latest versions.

Have fun, I am!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Expert

For that price I think I'll pick it up!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Elite

DVD Update

It looks like the DVDs will be finished next Monday, June 7th. The moment the discs arrive at the studio, we will start packing them up and sending them out in the order they were purchased.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Posted: June 1st, 2010 under News.

just thought those who'd bought them can look foreward to getting soon.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Legend

I haven't been playing Din's in a while (too lost on what is the most uberclass). I've been playing this game-Eschalon 2 for a little over a week and i will say it is fun. I havent been this siked playin a rpg (isometric), in a while. The turnbased works too and thats very tough for me to say cause I usually hate turnbased. The only thing I have gripes about are that there isnt enough games like it.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
I haven't been playing Din's in a while (too lost on what is the most uberclass). I've been playing this game-Eschalon 2 for a little over a week and i will say it is fun. I havent been this siked playin a rpg (isometric), in a while. The turnbased works too and thats very tough for me to say cause I usually hate turnbased. The only thing I have gripes about are that there isnt enough games like it.
Aman brother! I want more turnbased rpg's too. I'm an elder (65) and my brain doesn't work fast enough for real time games. Din's Curse is the only one I keep on trying. I love Eschalon: Book 2, but then I helped Beta test it too so of course I like it!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Legend

I can play action rpgs, but like you said i enjoy a good ol low paced rpg like baldurs gate 2. Plus there is so much i havent done in the game, it's amazing. Right now im playing a monk/ranger/rogue class. Unarmed is powerful! To top it all off, I restarted that game just as many times as din's curse. Thats got to say something.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Elite

Update News:

Just announced today...and its FREE! :

[Q] What is "The Secret of Fathamurk?"
[A] It is a new, high-level adventure for Eschalon: Book II which gives the game an additional 5-10 hours of gameplay.

[Q] Is it a seperate game?
[A] No, it's an extension of Eschalon: Book II. If you already have Eschalon: Book II, you'll be able to play The Secret of Fathamurk.

[Q] Ah, so it's another scheme by you wealthy, money-grubbing developers to get us to buy downloadable content, right?
[A] No, it is a free extention to the game. You just need to own the original game Eschalon: Book II.

[Q] So I don't have to pay for it?
[A] Nope. We love you and this is our gift to you for being a customer. But if you really want to help us, please mention our games on your Twitter feed, or on your Facebook page, or your blog. Or if you've been playing Book II and you didn't actually buy it, please consider purchasing a copy now. Your support allows us to make make more games for you!

[Q] How do I get it?
[A] The additional content will be included with version 1.05 of Eschalon: Book II. When this version becomes available in October, you just need to redownload the game and install it. The new content is already integrated into the game.

[Q] How do I see the new content?
[A] Once inside the game, you need to go to the Farrock Caves. In the western part of the caves is a sealed hallway, beyond which is a stairwell going down. The new content is down there, in the dungeons of Fathamurk.

[Q] The Farrock Caves? Where/what is that?
[A] It's a series of caves southwest of Port Kuudad. Using the Quick Travel function, you can jump to "The Farrock Monolith" to reach the southeast entrace of the caves. The stairs down to Fathamurk are in the western section of the caves, beyond a sealed wall (take some powder kegs with you!). If you need more help, the nice people who hang out on our forums will give you some guidance.

[Q] What skill level is this new content intended for?
[A] The new content is designed for high-level characters- level 15 or above. So you have three options:

1) Start a new game and build your charcater up to at least level 15.
2) Load a previously saved game (any game saved before you reach the end of the main storyline in Eschalon: Book II) and use a character that has already reached that level.
3) Try your luck with a lower-level character. Perhaps you'll have the smarts and fortitude to make it through alive, but don't send us hate mail telling us the add-on was too hard for your level 3 Theif. Trust us, Fathamurk is a tough place!

[Q] Is this additional content part of the main storyline in Book II?
[A] No, it doesn't affect the main storyline at all. You can play the game and never even visit this new dungeon, and it won't change your game one bit. But for true fans of the game, there will be some clues in Fathamurk regarding the true nature of the Orakur!

[Q] What else is notable about version 1.05 of Eschalon: Book II?
[A] Quite a bit, actually! There are a large number of updates to the game engine as well as additional content to other areas* of the game world in addition to Fathamurk dungeon. For example, the Zoolological ruins outside Port Kuudad have been expanded and additional ememies have been added to several areas of the game, just to list a few of the updates.

*While the special add-on content of "Fathamurk Dungeon" can be enjoyed through any previously saved game, some additional content to other areas of the game world may not be viewable without starting a new adventure with a new character.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Elite

More update news! Free add on adventure just released. If you already have the game just download the 1.05 version and continue on with your currant character. Some other additions have been added, like the 'zoo' area. The adventure "The Secret of Fathamurk" is HARD and ment to be that way. Don't try it with a low level character!

Where to get it: Click on Download page - http://basiliskgames.com/