Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Other > Other RPGs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Legend

Default Driftmoon-To be Released in New Year

I happened across a new freeware/indie rpg company. I found out about this game which amazingly is in development/yet partially released for 2 years. It will be fully released in 2012 supposedly.

Being a freeware company, all their previous games are completely free to play till the end, which is awesome as they have some other great rpg and survival games.

Just a small indie group studio like this one-Instant Kingdom
Old 12-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Expert

Yep, I pre-ordered several months ago myself. Looking forward to the completed product!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Legend

Default New Release-Alpha 7

This game is really coming around and the new things you can do in here are a lot of fun. The finished product will be alot of fun when its done.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Elite

I was looking over the website and they mentioned that the game had a Feedback button. Apparently if you see a problem, you click the feedback button and it saves a screenshot of where you are, then pulls up a text box for your input, then emails it to the developer. Interesting notion.

http://www.instantkingdom.com/2012/01/feedback/
Old 01-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Elite

Now thats an interesting button to have while testing. Would make things so much easier! Thanks for pointing that out and to whomever thought it up first.

I'm going to pass this on to the companies I play test for!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

That is pretty cool. I'll have to figure out how to do something like that some day.
Patreon
Old 01-11-2012, 01:45 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjoy View Post
Now thats an interesting button to have while testing. Would make things so much easier! Thanks for pointing that out and to whomever thought it up first.

I'm going to pass this on to the companies I play test for!
So how did you sign up to do play testing? It sounds like fun.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
I haven't play tested for that company, but I have for Eschalon (Book I & II), Azalta, Dinky Dungeon to name a few. I looked for upcoming games I thought were interesting and I'd like to play, watched announcements and when designer announced beta testing would be coming soon and listed requirements, I'd offer. Some I got in, some I didn't. Most liked having an older (age), female view point using a Mac old time machine also with laptop newer version Mac. Just like Drox is coming up. Make suggestions, when Beta testing announced, offer to help.

It does take some of your time at home, so family and house keeping suffer..but, heck, its good for them!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
It depends on the company, eschalon and soldak are pretty fair on letting people in. Jeff from spiderweb is extremely picky however. Good luck getting in as he only usually selects 15 people, 8 of which are usually global moderators. I wouldnt want to test his games as they would spoil the experience. Besides that, the testers for spiderweb are INSANE powergamers that can push through difficulties that normal cant fathom.

When the beta testing for soldak's Drox Operative is out, you can play the game and at the same time, help make it better. Dins was a lot of fun
Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
It depends on the company, eschalon and soldak are pretty fair on letting people in. Jeff from spiderweb is extremely picky however. Good luck getting in as he only usually selects 15 people, 8 of which are usually global moderators. I wouldnt want to test his games as they would spoil the experience. Besides that, the testers for spiderweb are INSANE powergamers that can push through difficulties that normal cant fathom.

When the beta testing for soldak's Drox Operative is out, you can play the game and at the same time, help make it better. Dins was a lot of fun

Not all the testers for Spiderweb are insane powergamers...one of them is my son! But, having to listen to him cuss and swear and the battles going on in the background, ie. his bedroom or the living room if he's in there so he can help me in and out of my wheelchair, is frustrating to listen to because he refuses to talk to me about it..as he should according to the no disclosure rules. And it is hard to get to be a tester. You have to really know what your doing and explain what you did when you get an unexpected result. I wouldn't try for Spiderweb games after listening to my son do play testing. I like Shadows and BW's way.