Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Elite

Default Recover body quests

I've noticed that when an NPCs dies while attempting to solve a quest, his/her body can be found (and looted) on the respective dungeon level.
Why not have the Steward hand out a quest to locate that body and bring it back to town so they can give the brave soul a proper burial,
just like when a townsperson wants the player to recover the body of an anonymous "Friend" killed in the dungeon.

Since some of the towns seem to have graveyards, these quests could result in a new stone being added that would read something like
"Kalinda died while attempting to gather 20 Gore clan orc ears on Dire Realm level 3"...
Old 02-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Champion

In addition (perhaps):
When a town person dies because of a town attack you can loot the body. Somewhat grim. How about a choice: looting the body -or- bury the body and losing the chance for items but regaining a little reputation.

Last edited by Maledictus : 02-19-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maledictus View Post
In addition (perhaps):
When a town person dies because of a town attack you can loot the body. Somewhat grim. How about a choice: looting the body -or- bury the body and losing the chance for items but regaining a little reputation.
That does fit in with the directive not to "loot graves" (and losing reputation if you do).

On the looting graves thing -- could clicking on a grave bring up a dialogue, or has that been handled yet? I'm iffy on this -- might interfere with combat -- however accidentally looting a grave isn't my intent.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
On the looting graves thing -- could clicking on a grave bring up a dialogue, or has that been handled yet? I'm iffy on this -- might interfere with combat -- however accidentally looting a grave isn't my intent.
You can cancel the graverobbing at any time before completion by clicking anywhere off the grave or using any skill.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Elite

Is looting graves even worth it?

I've never gotten anything worthwhile, and most of the time I just get attacked by a zombie.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumpy View Post
Is looting graves even worth it?

I've never gotten anything worthwhile, and most of the time I just get attacked by a zombie.
You can get up to 3-4 items of seemingly average quality per grave, neither much better nor much worse than ordinary (non-unique mob) loot. The Reputation cost is minimal compared to the mass amount of RP that every character has. You can dig 20 graves--probably several towns' worth--complete one average quest, and break even on RP.

You won't gain much, but you won't lose much, either.

BTW, I love your username. There's an Australian dog food named Chum with the irresistible slogan "So Chumpy... you can CARVE it!" Best said in the voice of Groundskeeper Willie.