Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Expert

Default No, serious, I need expert advice!

Alright, I'm to the point to where I can't seem to do enough damage to down large groups of enemies. I'm eating food, drinking potions, I added enough Vitality to my level 10 character to unlock the first health bonus skill (which is like +5% physical damage protection), I'm wearing good armor, my chosen weapon does around 9dps, I'm using a shield and have a couple of levels in the passive Shield skill which gives me +10% defense, I have three levels in Power Strike and two levels in Gut.

Now, remember, I'm just level 10. Skills, attributes, and money aren't exactly raining from the skies at this point. This is also my first world and I've not flipped it, and I don't want to, yet. It seems like there are more and more elites and unique bosses appearing out in the wild which are making my questing very difficult. In fact, I die a lot.

What should I do? I don't want to spend all my money on health potions, if it can be helped. Are there other skills I should be using (as a warrior)? Or is it just too high of an expectation to take on an elite level 7 boss as a level 10 warrior? I've got to be missing something here.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Amateur

Well a trick that i use is to cast portal then when ya about to die click it and heal at your heart stone,then go back it seems the mobs don't heal so you can keep doing this to ware them down .Ps take some help with you aswell you still get the same xp.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Expert

True, true. I do the same thing. But even with those tricks, I'm still put in situations where a few areas are overrun with bad guys. It's so bad that I can't complete quests on certain maps just due to all the champions, elites, and uniques that have started uprisings faster than I can deal with.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Expert

Talking

if u reelly want to, it may count as cheating to u personally (not me), dowload the max party mod (balancing mod overrides it)
Old 01-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeo8 View Post
if u reelly want to, it may count as cheating to u personally (not me), dowload the max party mod (balancing mod overrides it)
Do you always have to type in such huge letters? It's a bit annoying.

Anyway, if one mod overrides the other rename it, the mods are loaded alphabeticaly I think, so editing the name edits the loading order.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Expert

To be perfectly honest, and this is as much to Shadow as it is to you guys, I don't think the idea of taking the entire guild into the field is such a bad idea. It could be considered balanced by the fact that your lifestone is completely unprotected if you were to get all your guildies to march outside with you.

Think about it. By the time you realize you're under attack, the enemy guild is already pounding away on your lifestone. Now you have to open your backpack and activate your portal, which doesn't take a long time but it does take time. This is time that you don't really have to spare if you're under attack by a powerful enemy guild or several weaker ones.

Anway, it's a neat idea and it would require a little tweaking to make sure that your pants are firmly down by your ankles if you were to take everyone out into the wilderness. But, moving along...

I don't want to install a mod in order to win the game. I just want to learn how to get better the traditional way.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Expert

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scragar View Post
Do you always have to type in such huge letters? It's a bit annoying.
no but i like to...
Old 01-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Elite

Start a new world and hope you're luckier with the quest bosses. each individual boss is very different from all the others of it's level, and they can vary widly in power.
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc386 View Post
But even with those tricks, I'm still put in situations where a few areas are overrun with bad guys. It's so bad that I can't complete quests on certain maps just due to all the champions, elites, and uniques that have started uprisings faster than I can deal with.
Try exiting the game and starting again (loading the current world). You will still have to deal with the quest mobs, but it will clear out the old champions and elites. And sometimes you get easier monster types in the area after the restart.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Expert

Alright, I kept getting killed over and over again... having the plague didn't help, either, so I decided to change strategies once again. This time, I took a corporate approach to the situation by throwing money at the problem. I spent about 60s (which was all the money I had) on healing potions and food. I then continued to get killed, but lasted noticeably longer between horrible deaths. After a few more suicidal runs, I managed to kill everything that was causing a problem. There were so many champions, elites, and uniques that I single-handedly dug myself out of XP debt by the end.

Well, now I'm broke, but I'm out of XP debt, I'm cured of the plague, and I solved a few quests. Unfortunately, during all that time I spent trying to stop that huge pile of monsters, I was receiving warnings about another monster movement in another land that was growing. Heh.