Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Expert

Default A bit of trouble with gear

Been playing for a while now and my current char is a warrior in early 20 lvls. When I started out I guess I got incredibly lucky with those secret area chests since first was a gold one and now every single one is a disappointing silver one (and by disappointing I mean they all have sucked ). Almost seems like a balancing act by the game . Since warrior seems to be highly gear dependent and I can't even seem to get good eq from other covenants I am in a bit of jam with my not-so-good gear. So what to do?

Is it worthwhile to finish off with this world and start a new one on harder level? Game would obviously get harder and since I have already some trouble with current one, I just dunno. How much does the gear improve with game difficulty? If I still keep getting sucky war axes and dull two-handed swords and if monsters get much tougher I'll probably end up in a meat grinder. Any ideas?
Old 01-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Elite

Gear doesn't improve by world difficulty directly, but better items are usually dropped by higher level monsters or spawns in higher level zones
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Champion

It is better to start a new harder game.. The items will scale with the NPC covenants level.. A tip also, immediately during the very first start of your new harder world.. Browse through the NPC covenants item list.. You can find uber rares there.. Try trading your silver colored items for a discount
Old 01-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Expert

I am in the 20s too. It helped me to go exploring. the higher the lvl the better they drop