Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2018, 04:13 PM
Amateur

Default Largest Attack on Town?!

This has just happened and it was just insane. This game never ceases to amaze me.

So, I usually let my nemesis gather armies and build things because town invasions, assassins and bomb defuses give tons of XP. I can usually handle that easily as a summoner especially since I got a Priest with the Vitality buff.

I got a gate that spawned Earth Amorphs - I thought it would be all fine in the beginning. It somehow just spat out the monsters quicker than my minions could handle. I tried repositioning so my Screes could focus on the gate only, but the Amorphs would just never stop spawning! I started receiving notifications about my fine townspeople dying, and when I have opened the map...

The situation might have got a teeny tiny bit out of hand, huh. Also got lots of reinforcements, easy prey and coordinated attack events. No matter what I tried the Amorphs would spawn way faster than I could kill! I wasn't even sure killing them was worth it, like they would just get bigger in number. For some wicked reason my nemesis wanted to play an ugly joke on me so the mobs were not attacking my healthstone for some reason. I remembered an old Warlock trick and spammed my mana potions until I got a Scree with the overpowered lightning AoE buff. I will fast forward a little and leave the next part to your imagination.

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

We won! I spent the next era salvaging all that stuff.

Wow.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure I've ever seen that many items on the ground in one of our games when I wasn't using some cheat or stress mode.
Patreon
Old 02-19-2018, 05:26 PM
Amateur

Haha. I levelled up twice and it went on for at least half an hour. Pretty much the whole town looked like that, not just one spot. I learnt my lesson though, got the Arch-Nemesis down first thing after this.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

There are scenarios in the next game that are like this.
Patreon
Old 02-21-2018, 04:35 PM
Amateur

Well. I guess it happened again.

This time I received an invasion of 3 waves.

Then something like 10 seconds later an invasion of 3 waves.

Then an invasion of 3 waves.

Then an invasion of 12 waves.

It did stop there, but I also got several town attacks so there were at least 2 dimension gates. Oddly though, this is not the first time when the mobs got stuck at the door - so I was safe. Yes, safe.

With my summons I started taking them out one-by-one, which went well as I am kind of invincible with the Shared Life buff (200 Spirit, absolutely worth it).

This has went on for about 2 hours, but as of those dimension gates I could only kill at most the half of that mob cloud.

Later on I kind of made the mistake of trying to respec from Screes to Furies, but I ran out of gold and ended up with both of them being mediocre. I had to surrender at that point - and abandoned the world.