Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2014, 03:26 AM
Amateur

Default Random idea and thoughts.

To start I would love to say hello! I couldn't find a place to introduce myself on the forums but I am a recent fan of Soldak ever since I started playing Din's Curse when it hit GoG.com and as of recently Drox Operative, I think you guys are absolutely amazing at creating fun games ! With that short intro said:

I was thinking of what this game could be like, and as it was stated in other posts, there's a ton of zombie games in the market BUT there is one thing in zombie games that I don't really ever see besides games like Dead Rising, and that's crazy weapon combinations. Now this is just my thoughts but what if you guys has a crafting system that didn't only just let you craft the normal stuff you see in many zombie games with crafting systems (you know, stuff like cloth+tape=band aids, metal+wood=pickaxe, ect) but had a section that let you combine stuff you find and just see what happens?

Think of it as a screen with a 12x12 open grid where you just put stuff wherever and hit "Try this" or something, and by combining something like electrical wires, a saw blade, and an AK 47 you suddenly create this AK 47 with this electrical saw blade at the end that runs off batteries you find. (The blade and AK are stat'ed separately) To me it would be cool to just keep trying random stuff to see what type of crazy things I could make, even if it didn't have logic to it! Tape, electrical wires, a tire, and speakers? Why not make a roll able tire that blasts out sound waves loud enough to do X damage to zombies in an X radius for X amount of seconds with X bonuses to it.

Again this is just a random thought but I feel like that craziness could push this sorta game to awesome since we have seen handguns and axes and hammers and AK's in a ton of zombie games. It would be cool to have Zombies be "That crazy zombie game" where people can have a laughs at how crazy some of the things you can make are and how its executed.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Expert

There are a LOT of zombie games and survival games out there. Us consumers Love them!

I'm hoping Soldak can introduce something fresh for us to become addicted to...

I'm guessing they will be using the same engine that was used for Din's Curse, Depths of Peril and Drox Operative.

One element I would love to see is open-world. I know this is a huge development overhead and there are other open-world survival games, but I love it! Open world always encourages exploration. We will want to search every corner!

I personally would like to see cooperative game-play. Din's Curse is extremely fun in co-op and I was hoping to see it with Depths of Peril.

There is nothing funner than gunning down zombies with your friends online and OFFLINE. wink wink...

I'm looking forward to some development progress, screenshots, etc.
Keep up the hard work Soldak!

oh.... and.... take my money!

GOL FacebookLinux for BeginnersMy GamesTested Games ListGuidesPlayOnLinux Explained
Old 12-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by booman View Post
I'm guessing they will be using the same engine that was used for Din's Curse, Depths of Peril and Drox Operative.

One element I would love to see is open-world.

I personally would like to see cooperative game-play. Din's Curse is extremely fun in co-op and I was hoping to see it with Depths of Peril.
It does use the same engine as previous games, but this will be our largest jump in graphics quality since we finally added normal mapping.

It has an open world similar to Depths of Peril and Drox Operative, but that might not be what you meant.

We are planning co-op.
Patreon
Old 12-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
It does use the same engine as previous games, but this will be our largest jump in graphics quality since we finally added normal mapping.

It has an open world similar to Depths of Peril and Drox Operative, but that might not be what you meant.

We are planning co-op.
Yes Yes and triple yes!
I'm perfectly fine with the open-world of Depths of Peril and Drox Operative!
They have large Hubs where you can transport to other large Hubs.
Co-op too!!!
Take my money!

GOL FacebookLinux for BeginnersMy GamesTested Games ListGuidesPlayOnLinux Explained