Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Amateur

Default Great game!

Hey all.

I bought the game in the weekend and decided to include it in my everyday evening activities when I am really brain-dead from the programming I do.

I have always been an RPG fan, what I was looking for in games are a dynamic world and AIs that act like the player. I missed Din's Curse, but I really liked Depths of Peril since both of these were present.

Quote:
Dof, a priest was born and entered a zombie infected world. She left her town to search for food thus entered Cursed Jungle. All was going well - a few creatures died when trying to cross her, other clans got in touch to create a robust alliance - and she even stumbled upon a new companion, a Rogue who keenly joined in this adventure.

Dof did not realize how fast time was running, and it suddenly got really dark. The only source of light was a lightning or two every now and then. The situation got horrific, and it even got worse when a Nemesis popped out of thin air and started threatening Dof. Being single-minded, she decided to track that creature down and cleanse the land from its presence.

It was a long journey as the Jungle felt like a labyrinth but Dof and her Rogue companion finally found their Nemesis. They were exhausted and should have thought twice about this encounter. This was not the right time. They were not ready.

The Nemesis turned out to be more powerful than expected. It landed several crushing blows and Dof's Holybolts were barely scratching the zombie leader. Having God on her side, she managed to take the Nemesis down. However, in that exact moment, something happened that she was not ready for. After all this struggling and suffering, her Rogue companion went insane. He forgot about his true self and turned on Dof. Having no options, she had to kill the Rogue.

The fight for survival made their bond really strong. It was a big loss. As Dof was trying to let go and get past this occurrence, a huge ghost emerged from the corpse. It was hostile and Dof had to use up every last bit of remaining potions and elixirs, as well as her hope. She fled home and got into diplomacy for a while. It is truly a miracle that she got though all this without going insane.
So, phew. I love the twists in the story the game creates in every unique world. I will probably stick around for a while and lurk the forums.

Thanks for this game, and keep up with the great work, Soldak.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Elite

Thanks for posting your story. It's cool to hear the tales that happen to other people
Old 12-05-2015, 09:17 AM
Amateur

Thanks for you reply!

I had another interesting moment in the past few days.

I was playing in a world with covenants at 15-20 levels higher and they could nuke me anytime - or at least that is what I thought.

We ran out of food, and every now and then someone starved to death in the clan. That was quite worrying so I sent a hunting party of 5 to save the situation. Within a few moments , we had our first casualty: we lost a fellow hunter. In a Soldak game, it is a golden rule that everything will go wrong if something does. Well, said hunter turned into a zombie and slaughtered the rest of the hunting party.

Further adventures also proved to be useless. Not a single food on sight. Then, the worst happened. A clan turned hostile and declared war upon us. With my people dying one by one, I thought this was a guaranteed defeat.

They initiated a raid.

As we all were ready to die, an odd thing happened. Every single member of the enemy clan turned to be ridiculously sick, plagued, infected, whatever word you want to apply - it was true. One of their warriors landed a blow with a large axe, dealing next to no damage. It was a cakewalk.

We counter-raided them and turned their town to ash and dust. We could even loot their stocks and never had any more problems with food management.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:09 PM
Expert

Cool stories.

Yeah, I remember in a previous build sending a group of hunters who I thought were my crack team of bad-asses, only to have one go insane and then die, then proceed to zombify the rest of the team systematically. Was interesting when I went to put him and the rest of them down, with all the crazy spawning of death avatars and all.