Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > News > Din's Legacy
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2018, 06:33 AM
Champion

I'm back after a lot of time to say that I'm intrigued by Zombasite because there is too much zombies around and I simply don't care about another videogame on this theme. On that, my impression is that you miss a train here: few years ago all was about zombies, now.. meh :-/

Anyway about the future for me the "dream" is DOP2 with improved graphics, mechanics, polishing and better clan management growing, even between "games", something like "clan legends" that gives player bonuses / unlockable skills or items later on.

My 2 cents: look to spiderwebgames, there the trend was to build hardcore rpg, then move to more "casual" games and get more audience, with over time better and better games/assets. I think you are on the same line here: a lot of great mechanics and gameplay (I mean, unique!!) but lack of decent graphics (at least for 2020!) don't attract many players. If I remember correctly Din's Curse is not something you are proud of (maybe an interview?), but is somewhat the right path.. capitalize on your experience, expanding the world, etc..

What about something with a lot of DLC, like Paradox is doing?
Old 01-18-2018, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornova View Post
If I remember correctly Din's Curse is not something you are proud of (maybe an interview?), but is somewhat the right path.. capitalize on your experience, expanding the world, etc..

What about something with a lot of DLC, like Paradox is doing?
I'm proud of Din's Curse. The only negative thing I've said about any of our games is that I think we shouldn't have made Kivi's Underworld. I think Kivi was a good game, but it shouldn't have been made by us since it doesn't match our gamers very well.

I'm ok with doing a lot of DLC, but first we would have to have a base game sell really well to support that.
Patreon
Old 01-19-2018, 02:40 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I'm proud of Din's Curse. The only negative thing I've said about any of our games is that I think we shouldn't have made Kivi's Underworld. I think Kivi was a good game, but it shouldn't have been made by us since it doesn't match our gamers very well.

I'm ok with doing a lot of DLC, but first we would have to have a base game sell really well to support that.
Sorry, I was meaning Kivi.
What do you mean sell really well? I mean if I know that a game (like Europa Universalis IV) is supported for years and gives me patches, updated and some new content for free, plus optional DLC I can buy (or not), I think should be also reasonable to think about a subscription model, like 10$ a month or something like that ?
Old 01-19-2018, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

I just mean it would be interesting to continue to put out DLC for a game, evolving it over a longer period of time. However, we have never had a game that sold well enough that we could actually afford to do that.
Patreon
Old 01-22-2018, 11:23 AM
Champion

for sure, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this topic!
Old 01-24-2018, 07:18 AM
Champion

Smile

i think the community will appreciate the game more if you allow us to create custom quests with custom awards, at least.
because all the vanilla quests get boring with time, we all know them by heart. custom quests will add more variability to the game. especially if there would be possible to create a quest chain.

Last edited by DarthNihilus : 01-24-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

You can create custom quests and quest chains in Zombasite. They just have to be of the same general type as the ones in the game.
Patreon
Old 01-25-2018, 03:26 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
You can create custom quests and quest chains in Zombasite. They just have to be of the same general type as the ones in the game.
but you can share them with other players?

For example in Dop, what if I can share my "clan" to other players, so AI take place of the player and I can play against other peoples clan ?
Old 01-25-2018, 03:32 AM
Champion

but i can't control the quest parameters, can i?
Old 01-25-2018, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornova View Post
but you can share them with other players?

For example in Dop, what if I can share my "clan" to other players, so AI take place of the player and I can play against other peoples clan ?
This would all be done in mods that you could release to the public. You can mod the AI a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNihilus View Post
but i can't control the quest parameters, can i?
You can control a lot of the parameters: text, who the enemy is, timing, rewards, what happens when completed, etc.
Patreon