Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2010, 02:59 AM
Amateur

Default One more suggestion for the next patch

Lose the limited quest slots. It really doesn't add anything to the game but irritation.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Amateur

I certainly agree!
Old 05-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Elite

Amen.

One thing I'm grateful for, though, is that the game keeps track of the monsters you kill, even if you don't know the quest exists yet.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:36 AM
Expert

I myself don't find it stifling, especially with how easy it is to return to the town.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:42 AM
Champion

Default Ditching First Backpack

Since this thread implies ideas for the next patch, here´s one:
A way to dispose of the original 12slot Backpack would be nice. I cannot seem to drop, delete, sell or put it anywhere else (including personal stash). And once you start getting bigger bags its just takes up a slot in your bigger inventory bags.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Amateur

Default teleport stones

how about keeping any teleport stones you dont use for a town, and carrying them over to next town!saving them up would be a nice touch.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Champion

Quote:
how about keeping any teleport stones you dont use for a town, and carrying them over to next town!saving them up would be a nice touch.
Not sure thats such a good idea. I can ussally go through a couple towns wihout ever using the teleport and if you ment for it to stack up it will fast become unbalancing easy. Creds for idea though.
Mebbe instead you could get a "fresh" teleport stone when you gain a reputation level (if you already used up yours in the same townspawn that is). For normal gameplay its not such a big deal, but i belive HC players would welcome it.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffen69 View Post
Not sure thats such a good idea. I can ussally go through a couple towns wihout ever using the teleport and if you ment for it to stack up it will fast become unbalancing easy. Creds for idea though.
Mebbe instead you could get a "fresh" teleport stone when you gain a reputation level (if you already used up yours in the same townspawn that is). For normal gameplay its not such a big deal, but i belive HC players would welcome it.
yep for hardcore would be good,i only use mine when the town gets attacked!only for it to be attacked again a few mins later!maybe magic vendors could sell them for a very high price?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Champion

Quote:
yep for hardcore would be good,i only use mine when the town gets attacked!only for it to be attacked again a few mins later!
That explains why you´re running out of em. I only use my port stone as last case emergencys, when im out of Food or Potions, or the cooldown on them are to slow and im getting severly beaten and dont know way to closest gate, like when you triggered a trap and dropped a few dungeon levels. If i used mine up and happen in the same situation again, i pause and exit the game - creating a new town spawn.
Very rarely i use the port stone for town attacks, like in the case theres only one vendor left to buy food & potions for. Normally i just run to the closest gate, even if at another level. A couple of NPC kills and some lost reputation isnt a big deal and if i have enough potions and food/drink theres always the gambler to sell gear to. Check for "new vendor" quests in case they should be down.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Amateur

Here's another suggestion:

After an "Unknown Gate" has been used, change its name to "Gate to level ##". Also, a marker on the map would be nice.