Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Elite

I think one of the advantages that DC will have is that it can also be released simultaneously on the Mac side of Steam and I'm sure that they will be all about releasing stuff on the Mac Side since it just opened.

If DC gets on, I'd be surprised if Kivi's Underworld doesn't make it on because Steam loves to do developer library sales.

Here's to hoping DC gets on Steam.

Also, if for some reason they don't want DC, you can be like...uh...but you let in Hazen!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Amateur

Depths of Peril is there, why they shouldn't allow DC?

I think you will soon have a Soldak library.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:19 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah Rehm View Post
We'd love to get all of our games on Steam, but they're kind of picky so we can't guarantee Din's will make the cut. I hope it does though. Steam is amazing, offering a unique customer experience. No other portal comes close!
As a consumer, though, I have to say I prefer Impulse
Old 05-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Elite

I'd buy a 3rd copy if DC ever got on Steam. I really like it as a way of keeping many of my games together and organised.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah Rehm View Post
We'd love to get all of our games on Steam, but they're kind of picky so we can't guarantee Din's will make the cut. I hope it does though. Steam is amazing, offering a unique customer experience. No other portal comes close!
I think DC should have no issues making the cut...considering STEAM approves half baked games like Hazen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruztee View Post
I'd buy a 3rd copy if DC ever got on Steam. I really like it as a way of keeping many of my games together and organised.
Completely agree. I used to be a bit weary of steam (and other digital platforms), but now it's where I primarily buy games. Even non-steam games I register the exe's to my games lists so I can launch them from steam.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Champion

I'll gift a copy of DC to a friend if it ends up on steam. So already you have a few sales guaranteed for your steam efforts lol
Old 05-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Amateur

Please Shadow,
keep us updated on the deal
Old 05-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuggs40 View Post
I think DC should have no issues making the cut...considering STEAM approves half baked games like Hazen

Completely agree. I used to be a bit weary of steam (and other digital platforms), but now it's where I primarily buy games. Even non-steam games I register the exe's to my games lists so I can launch them from steam.
Yes Hazen is a little scandalous, I bought it.

Anyway I'm worry to not contribute to make Steam an elephant that pressure the market. Also I don't like much how intrusive is Steam. But I can only admit the good points, like multi language support, the time spend in a game or no DVD/CD to insert. And the last move in Mac market is a blow pushing me change my mind more fully. Well, I also know the bad points like too intrusive, late patches or no guaranty they'll support all xp.

You seem have tested fully register external game into steam, what are the benefit? I was wondering if Steam also time the time spend in external games, it's a feature I really like even if I also don't like at all that this information is stored inside Steam and have no clear guaranty about those data.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Expert

All it does is allow you to launch the games from your game list. It doesn't update them, allow to to download them, or anything like that. I guess it's an organizational thing.

Basically STEAM is my main "gaming command center" now, even for games external to it.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viliki View Post
I was wondering if Steam also time the time spend in external games, it's a feature I really like even if I also don't like at all that this information is stored inside Steam and have no clear guaranty about those data.
No, it doesn't track external games spent time.
And yes, i like this funcion too, it's like to have your whole gaming history at fingertips, either i like so mutch being able to reinstall a game without being forced to search Gamefiles, Dvds and patches around.
For this i'll skip buyng DC for the moment, even if enjoying the demo alot, i really want to start the full version but i'd prefer to do it on Steam.
I'll buy Dephts of Peril on Steam in the meantime the deal is being discussed to support Soldak for the moment.