Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Elite

I bought DoP last time via BMTMicro, and asked Steven if he could install it into my Impulse account. He, and the folks at Impulse, very kindly did. This is why I had no hesitation about buying Din's during the beta period, as I know I can probably count on Soldak again. This is what I call service excellence
Old 05-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Well I have at least contacted Valve about getting Din's Curse on Steam. We'll see how that goes.
Patreon
Old 05-20-2010, 04:41 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Well I have at least contacted Valve about getting Din's Curse on Steam. We'll see how that goes.
Well let's hope they accept it fast !
I bought in the meantime, Depths of Peril on Steam last night.
I had trouble stop playing it: amazing game !
Keep up the good work !
Old 05-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuggs40 View Post
All it does is allow you to launch the games from your game list. It doesn't update them, allow to to download them, or anything like that. I guess it's an organizational thing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetlano View Post
No, it doesn't track external games spent time.
And yes, i like this funcion too, it's like to have your whole gaming history at fingertips, ...
Thanks both for answer, but now I think of it, it's totally weird that I liked the game collection plus time tracking and could only imagine Steam for that.

That's totally basic stuff and a little app could do it much better and would not store information elsewhere.

It remind me I had a little tool that records meters done by the mouse so I had the sum of kilometers done after some time. Ha we knew have fun from little pleasures, that time is over.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:56 AM
Amateur

Well, in the end i decided to not wait for the Steam version and bought the game, loving it so mutch.
I see some minor aspect i would change though: like, for example the drop rate and quality of rare and very rare items.
I feel like they are dropping too mutch and their quality it's just average and very often it happens that i prefer to stick with green stuff.
I'd reduce the drop rate of those and make them stronger, more diversified, particular, and for example with some visual improvements like glowing , shadowing sparkling and so on, so when it happens you drop one, you really feel you got a beast of a item.
Let's say from what i've seen so far, that i'd do a mass items upgrade, insert more sets, actually, sometimes it feels like you are dropping tons of "more of the same" stuff.
I will discuss this better later when i'll be at least 30 hours of gameplay.
But as now, it is for me the only "complaint" i have with the game, and in my opinion in a Dungeon Crowler items add really a big value and keep the game fresh like the outstanding randomization of the world the game already has.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Champion

How's the steam situation coming along? I noticed Echalon: Book II is on there, and this may not be sound reasoning, but I figure if they (and many other indie devs) can make it there, so can Soldak with Din's Curse?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
How's the steam situation coming along? I noticed Echalon: Book II is on there, and this may not be sound reasoning, but I figure if they (and many other indie devs) can make it there, so can Soldak with Din's Curse?
I haven't heard back from them. I will bug them again soon.
Patreon
Old 07-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Amateur

Don't forget about GamersGate and D2D.

GamersGate is a fantastic platform for games... I love it
Old 07-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelldorianx View Post

both are quite nice idd - but seeing as my favorite platform Impulse allready has Din's Curse i can live without ehm too
Old 07-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelldorianx View Post

Agree. For me, it's either GamersGate or Impulse. Not a huge fan of Steam, for me I use it out of necessitation rather than preference. GG on the other hand, now those guys have some fine support and they're so transparent about their stand on DRM - and actually live up to it - that it's hard not to like them.