Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Invasion of the Ancients
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Amateur

Default What the heck happened? I think my game broke...(Help...)

So I'm still somewhat new to this game, I picked up a mod that allows me to use all 10 races.

Started up a game on a Large sector, things going swimmingly. I've got 2 allies, and they are at war with 3 other races (Hive, Lithisoid, and some other dude)

All is going good, I meet up with the Scavanger race....So I still have a few guys I haven't met yet.

Then all of a sudden...Everything goes nuts. EVERYONE allies with eachother minus one or two guys. EVERYONE goes to war with me minus 2 guys. And guys I havent even met yet show up on my relations screen and are at war with me. The whole game just explodes into a relation explosion. I have no idea what happened. The test scroll thingy had too much information for me to really see what happened.

I thought I caught something saying "Anti-Alliance" but it moved by too fast.

Can anyone tell me what the crap happened?
Old 02-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

You might have seen the Anti-Leader Galactic Karma event. Galactic Karma are really rare events that can dramatically change a sector.
Patreon
Old 02-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Elite

As Shadow said, you experienced the "Anti-Leader" galactic event: the race that seem stronger is identified, and every single other race goes to war with it.

Why did you get involved? Two possible reasons. Either you had a non-aggression pacts with the leader, and came to its defense, or you had an alliance with one of the other races, and joined the pile-up.

How can you tell? Sometimes the log scrolls quickly, but you can always pause the game, and use the ^ (up-arrow) on the left of the log to bring up lines that have already disappeared. Once you are done, the x below it will clear your screen.

How can you check something if you have quit the game since then? The logs for each sector you have played are saved in in a sub directory of the Drox save directory. On Windows XP, it's:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\DroxOperative\User\chars\Logs

On Windows 7, it's something else, but I can't check right now. Sort the logs by date, and you will be able to see exactly what happened. If you care.