Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Expert

Default Played the Demo

Got the link for here from another Indie Dev took a look around and liked what I saw - been playing demo for few hours now and love the game BUT the game chugs so bad that my character runs like the "6 million dollar man" in slow mode and that's with most of the gfx options turned off.
My Computer is not what you would call the best but is better than min spec for game - I have 1800+ XP with ati 9600 256 any ideas ?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

Off hand I would say you are limited mostly by the cpu. So some things you could try are turning better lighting off, turning shadows off, playing with the minimap off (just toggling it on when needed), and/or keeping zoomed in a bit.
Patreon
Old 10-20-2007, 03:39 AM
Expert

hmmm I have - no better lighting - no bloom - no better models - no anti alias - no anisot - ground detail low - no shadows - no filtering - Damn even in indie games your expected to upgrade
Old 10-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Elite

By the way, it's a great demo isn't it? I like the way that it hasn't been crippled and there's no stupid time limit. Even with the level cap, there's still a stack of re-playability in there. I played the demo for 3 days solid before deciding to buy the game, and it was a major factor in the purchase.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Well other than keeping the minimap off and staying zoomed in as much as possible, I'm not sure there is too much more you can do unfortunately.

You should probably also make sure compressed textures are ON.

You could also turn the monitor syncing off. Personally this bothers me, but it might help it go at least a little faster.
Patreon
Old 10-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruztee View Post
By the way, it's a great demo isn't it? I like the way that it hasn't been crippled and there's no stupid time limit. Even with the level cap, there's still a stack of re-playability in there. I played the demo for 3 days solid before deciding to buy the game, and it was a major factor in the purchase.
Indeed yes and I am still enjoying it even though my system cannot handle it It's good to see there is no system ID online activation similar to FATE as that would have been a Negative towards a possible purchase - time to save up
Old 11-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Amateur

if you have a dual core like me you will need the patch from AMD that hadles the speed issue i had that with GTA