Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Invasion of the Ancients
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Expert

Default Auto fire?

Is there a way to auto fire one or more weapons when you engage a target? (holding down buttons isnt auto fire)
Old 11-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Elite

I don't know what you consider autofire. I think of two different effects as 'autofire'.

One is indeed, holding the right mouse button and waving my cursor in the enemy's general direction. This way, my best beam weapon constantly jumps from target to target. With a programmable mouse, you can bind multiple weapons this way, but it's been a long time since I've had a ship that needed multiple weapons for the same niche. But I have seen that you go that route, and I know that when I did, I had a lot of fun (and a lot of overkill)

The other is mapping a weapon to a button programmed for scrolling. Once you press it, it keeps sending clicks until you press the opposing scroll button. As a result you can have new fighters launching as soon as the bay produces them, EM weapons like the pulse and shockwave constantly firing, etc...

If you mean something else by 'autofire', please elaborate.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 11-12-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Expert

Well I think of auto fire along the lines of that Star Trek Online uses: you right click the icons of the weapons you want to be set to autofire mode, icon turns green or some designating color, and then when you shoot a target once it continues to fire those weapons endlessly. Weapons not set to auto fire are thus fired manually. Thus you can focus less on actually mashing buttons and more about watching your position, picking up loot mid fight, avoiding mines etc
Old 11-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Expert

And how do you get right click to fire? That, like the scroll wheel, bound outside of the game to mice software?
Old 11-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annex View Post
And how do you get right click to fire? That, like the scroll wheel, bound outside of the game to mice software?
Ya see those 3 Boxes in the lower-right corner of your Interface, to the right of your Hotbar? Those can have Components & Consumables dragged into them, then the currently selected one is activated by Right Mouse Click.

There's also a Option in the Options Screen (Key Binding one if I remember right...) that can designate Mouse Scroll Wheel scrolling to scroll between these Right Click Slots.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Expert

Right but I fire 3 weapons at the same time. With the right click bar only allowing 1 at a time to be used, and with my weapons having a 0.42 second reload time, there is no way I can use right click to fire all three with this setup in any efficient manner
Old 11-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Elite

Absolutely true. Which is why I never have more weapons than buttons to fire them with.

The idea of binding multiple weapons to a single button has been kicked around the forums for months... maybe it's time for a few more passes.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 11-12-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Amateur

When I need to make custom keybindings I just use AutoHotKey, a free macro scripting program. It should be possible to achieve what you've described, I think.

You'd just have to write a basic script that looped the three buttons you mapped your guns to (likely slots 1, 2, and 3) upon hitting a trigger key. And, of course, add a key to terminate the loop so it won't interfere with using inventory or anything. You'll probably have to experiment with how much time delay the script will have to allow between each button press, but there's no reason it shouldn't work.