Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manumitted View Post
This must be part of the reason that weaponsmiths illogically seem to have 1/3 of their inventory devoted to bows, when 90% or some similar supermajority of characters can't use them. It's a brute-force attempt to get a halfway useful bow to spawn, but it doesn't work very often.
Uh -- no, I'm afraid that's murphy's law at work (or the truly-not-random-number-generator that is our computers...) When my Hunter/Trickster goes shopping, I don't see that many lousy bows.

I do see them in the stores, I do find them when I'm adventuring -- but I don't have "hide lousy items" on, so they're usually not useful to me. I wish the hide lousy item feature was more specific. I need things like bags: does that feature hide bags? They rarely show up at the vendors in town, rarely drop. I have had ONE character with the luck of the draw (out of over 20 characters) and found satchels and such at town in the stores. I'm lucky if every other character found one bag better than a pouch in town. I had a character make it past 10th level with nothing but the basic inventory before she found bags. Go figure.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
Uh -- no, I'm afraid that's murphy's law at work (or the truly-not-random-number-generator that is our computers...) When my Hunter/Trickster goes shopping, I don't see that many lousy bows.

I do see them in the stores, I do find them when I'm adventuring -- but I don't have "hide lousy items" on, so they're usually not useful to me. I wish the hide lousy item feature was more specific. I need things like bags: does that feature hide bags? They rarely show up at the vendors in town, rarely drop. I have had ONE character with the luck of the draw (out of over 20 characters) and found satchels and such at town in the stores. I'm lucky if every other character found one bag better than a pouch in town. I had a character make it past 10th level with nothing but the basic inventory before she found bags. Go figure.
Just so you know, your limited bag drops isn't affected by the "hide lousy items" thing.

I don't have that checked off and I find myself having to use bags from my mules just so I can go adventuring with my "real" characters.

Something in the drop formula was tweaked and it broke the bag/fancy items drops.

Hell, I get a woody just finding ANY bag at a vendor now. That's pretty pathetic.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Elite

hahah -- Hey, I'm in a game with random vendors popping in all the time. Champion level 50 on the East server. I have some hand-me-down bows I could give you. If you can get in. Otherwise you could start a lower level game and I'll join in -- just not ready to lose the town with the merry vendors popping in & out yet A bow smith died in the dungeon as I was running up to help -- I was cursing a whole lot.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
hahah -- Hey, I'm in a game with random vendors popping in all the time. Champion level 50 on the East server. I have some hand-me-down bows I could give you. If you can get in. Otherwise you could start a lower level game and I'll join in -- just not ready to lose the town with the merry vendors popping in & out yet A bow smith died in the dungeon as I was running up to help -- I was cursing a whole lot.
I mourn the loss of the Bower. Shame on you for not saving his ass. :P LOL

If that offer for bows still stands, we can setup a time & place. Heaven knows I can use them. I'll join your game, pillage what you have to offer and jump out.

(uh, what you want in return?)

My bow guy is a paltry level 13 or something like that - I'm NOT stepping into a level 50 dungeon with him... LMAO! It would be way too painful to watch.

NOTE: This does not fix the obviously ongoing issues listed in this tread for the bow class... :P
Old 02-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0stly_harmless View Post
Just so you know, your limited bag drops isn't affected by the "hide lousy items" thing.

I don't have that checked off and I find myself having to use bags from my mules just so I can go adventuring with my "real" characters.

Something in the drop formula was tweaked and it broke the bag/fancy items drops.

Hell, I get a woody just finding ANY bag at a vendor now. That's pretty pathetic.
I haven't had any trouble finding bags myself. I think it's just very very random.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
I haven't had any trouble finding bags myself. I think it's just very very random.
Compared to what it used to be, I have better odds finding a GOOD bow.

Bad da ching.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Legend

Based on Shadow's response in another thread, I'm wondering: can bows even miss? Do they use the attack/defense attributes at all?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Expert

Which response? And to what are you referring to?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0stly_harmless View Post
Which response? And to what are you referring to?
Long distance attacks by monsters don't use attack/defense, which is why long distance monsters are gimped. I made the comment that I think they're gimped TOO much. Anyway, I'm wondering if the bow uses the same system ie. no attack/defense calculations.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Elite

I crit and get deep wounds too often to be able to tell. :/ The bow has mods on it, I used barbed arrow, and I'm often getting the stealth bonus (in addition to whatever else I'm wearing). When DON'T I crit? I don't need huge DPS to be dealing serious pain. Usually in the back of my enemies to boot. I 1-shot out of stealth, or even 1-shot and remain stealthed all the time. It's good to be the queen. :P