Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0stly_harmless View Post
I mourn the loss of the Bower. Shame on you for not saving his ass. :P LOL
I know. I know. I was several corridors away when I heard the "I'm in pain grunts" and realized "That's not my character! That's an NPC!" So I hoofed it over just in time to hear the dying wail and see "Bowyer" or whatever over her head. Waaaah!

Quote:
If that offer for bows still stands, we can setup a time & place. Heaven knows I can use them. I'll join your game, pillage what you have to offer and jump out.

(uh, what you want in return?)
What? Nothing really. I'm just nice that way.

However, if you don't want that cursed bow, I could take it and give it a whirl. If it beats what I'm using, you can have the one I've got now. It's a real winner -- doesn't look like much but it has low stat requirements, decent DPS, but 120% crit & magic crit, armor piercing, extra health, extra mana, etc. Can you pull off the 48STR/96DEX required? Probably not at level 13, but if you make it to around level 20 you might.

Quote:
My bow guy is a paltry level 13 or something like that - I'm NOT stepping into a level 50 dungeon with him... LMAO! It would be way too painful to watch.
For whom? just kidding. I have no need to wish death on you.

Quote:
NOTE: This does not fix the obviously ongoing issues listed in this tread for the bow class... :P
No -- it doesn't... I have to open up to multiplayer trade in the hopes that someone has found a better bow than what I have. I keep dumping tremendous points into barbed arrow & stealth which is why my bow is still viable at level 50, but really to have the same bow for 25 levels???

Maybe we need a trade thread....? I think so.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
I know. I know. I was several corridors away when I heard the "I'm in pain grunts" and realized "That's not my character! That's an NPC!" So I hoofed it over just in time to hear the dying wail and see "Bowyer" or whatever over her head. Waaaah!
*puts head down for a minute of silence* And those Bowers are just as hard to come by than the bloody bows they sell...

Quote:
What? Nothing really. I'm just nice that way.
LOL. That's what I say at work too... just before we take someone down and cuff them, and drag their asses to solitary. =D

Quote:
However, if you don't want that cursed bow, I could take it and give it a whirl. If it beats what I'm using, you can have the one I've got now. It's a real winner -- doesn't look like much but it has low stat requirements, decent DPS, but 120% crit & magic crit, armor piercing, extra health, extra mana, etc. Can you pull off the 48STR/96DEX required? Probably not at level 13, but if you make it to around level 20 you might.
My brother kept the bow (he did pick it up), so I can't get my grubby little hands on it. If I remember the conversation correctly, I think I was threatened with certain painful death if I didn't give it back to him (borrowed it for the screenshot). Something about him wanting to keep it, despite it being cursed....

Quote:
For whom? just kidding. I have no need to wish death on you.
LOL Gee, thanks. I can see it now, you stay stealthed, pick a baddie off and oh look, I have nowhere to hide... Nothing beats walking bait.

Though, now that I toy with the thought, the XP hit may be worth a few chuckles...

It would be interesting to see how the game deals with such an offset character level.

Quote:
No -- it doesn't... I have to open up to multiplayer trade in the hopes that someone has found a better bow than what I have. I keep dumping tremendous points into barbed arrow & stealth which is why my bow is still viable at level 50, but really to have the same bow for 25 levels???
See, and therein lies my issue, we shouldn't have to be dumping points into skills to offset the rather erectily dysfunctional stats of the game's bows - and the horrible drop/quality amounts.

Quote:
Maybe we need a trade thread....? I think so.
Good idea, but I've had prior bad experiences with this kind of thing... Too many greedy theifs out there to make that worthwhile.

Once in a while though... a good soul may come through...
Old 02-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Elite

Quote:
Good idea, but I've had prior bad experiences with this kind of thing... Too many greedy theifs out there to make that worthwhile.

Once in a while though... a good soul may come through...
You must be thinking of one of several certain other very large games with a high asshole-to-nice-guy population ratio.

I can't stand trading in D2/Battlenet. People are real jerks.

I'm not sure I'll be running another archer character, certainly not anytime soon, so I have like 4-5 bows I've been holding on to for a bit. I THINK some might work for you. I also want to see if I can get another manyvendor town, around level 25 normal so you can join without problems, but it will not bore me to tears if I'm in it alone It's in the multiplayer game thread. I'll be in game by 9pm EST tonight, I'll save bows for you specifically, but I have jewelry and a few other things that lower level characters (lower than 50) will possibly enjoy. I also pulled all my items from another character last night so my stash is overflowing (especially with crappy bag drops!)...so heck, I'd trade for a decent bag. I know that price may be too high I've played maybe 20 characters and I can say with relative sureness that bags better than a satchel are hard to come by. But for some games/characters they seem almost plentiful... strange.

Purchasing tons of jewelry in the manyvendor town last night dropped my gold level from 50+GP to something like 11GP so I'm also open to trade for money....if that's possible in the game.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Expert

Quote:
Purchasing tons of jewelry in the manyvendor town last night dropped my gold level from 50+GP to something like 11GP so I'm also open to trade for money....if that's possible in the game.
I made no mention of *Cough* Diablo *Cough*, but it's nice to see you understand my point. Assholes aren't limited to that game though. I've run into them all over.

It's probably why I haven't bothered to join random multiplayer games on Din. Maybe I should give it a chance. It *would* give me something to do while my brother is on vacation...

I'll be honest, I'm torn with parting with *any* good bag I have as we know they're just as hard to find as bows are... but your offer seems entertaining.

As for the gold thing, the Dev didn't build that into his game. Dunno why, we can share our goodies between characters, but not the gold they collect. An oversight maybe?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Elite

Quote:
As for the gold thing, the Dev didn't build that into his game. Dunno why, we can share our goodies between characters, but not the gold they collect. An oversight maybe?
Not enough Jerry McGuire "Show me da Money!"

Yeah, if you could drop money, you could have a minor distraction for leprechauns!

I don't remember if I've tried trading money. I think it's on the trading screen somewhere....but it was non-intuitive. It's been a while and my son's not home to ask
Old 02-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Elite

Quote:
I don't remember if I've tried trading money. I think it's on the trading screen somewhere....but it was non-intuitive. It's been a while and my son's not home to ask
Answered in the multiplayer thread: it is an option on the trading screen. My son & I played around with the trading screen and happened on it, but I couldn't remember how you did it.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Expert

I'm still laughing...

I've played this game ragged and up until now was unaware of a "trading" screen.

Guess that's what you get for only having one partner whom you share the goodies with (and not trade).
Old 03-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Amateur

Quote:
I'm going to start a seperate thread to HOPEFULLY get some of this archer stuff addressed. I really needs to be...

The Archer:

- Multiple arrow shot. The angle that (from left to right, aiming up) that the arrows come out is not equal. The first and second arrows seem ok (looks like a 330 Degree, 0 Degree), that third one almost comes out at a 90 degree angle to the second (middle) one <- this one needs to be made to be 30 Degree to make it a "coned" spread. This makes for a very awkward way to clear a room, not to mention that it wastes a shot in 90% of the circumstances.

- The cone spread should be made a little narrower. Perhaps a 30 to 35 Degree spread from center on both sides, because as it stands, it's a pretty useless skill in any location other than a WIDE room. In those twisty, narrow dungeons, it's just a waste of points and mana.
I agree with this. Also, it would be good to see more high quality bow drops.

Does anyone know if there are any archer-oriented item "sets"? Like for example Skadd's, Mudbeard's, and Alek's sets incorporate a melee weapon into the set. Might be nice to see some archer-oriented sets with a bow thrown in there. I haven't seen any yet, personally.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Champion

Quote:
I'm still laughing...

I've played this game ragged and up until now was unaware of a "trading" screen.

Guess that's what you get for only having one partner whom you share the goodies with (and not trade).
No worries. I had played this game for a long while before I started a 'trades thread' here a while back, and in it asked Shadow if he would please add a trade screen ability. He then told me it was already there :doh!: