Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjoy View Post
Gee, thanks! I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.
Quote:
Old 11-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Bluddy
Legend

Here's the mod I made. Drop this in your Din's Curse/Expansion/DemonWar/Assets directory.

The mod still allows starvation, but it should (in theory) only happen when there's some event that causes it. I changed NPCs to eat at 1/2 the rate they did before, and no NPCs will start out poor. Let me know if this is a good enough change, or if too many NPCs still starve.
Bluddy, Just thought I'd give you an update on this. I finally figured out that when you 'talk' to the npc's mod does give them $ BUT it doesn't 'stick' and you get no reward (+reputation) for being nice. Sometimes if the amount is very large (random) some of it does stay in their pocket so to speak. So I still have to 'donate' on reaching a town. I've now got tot he point of putting stuff in the 'share' box for 1st level to sell and have cash on hand. After that I just run around the town giving everyone money and then go see what quests are needed. And, some towns have a lot of npc's with no cash at all when you first arrive.

Just thought I'd let you know.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Legend

There must be some bug in the game that's causing that, because I'm barely changing anything. Sounds like it's sensitive to the few changes I am making.

What I'll try doing is not modifying the hunger variables (which could be triggering the bug) and just changing the starting money amounts for the NPCs. Here's the link again in case you want to try it once more.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Legend

I have noticed this issue now. I think it only happens under certain circumstances: when NPCs have 0 CP and you give them a small amount, it seems to jump back to 0. This may be them spending the money right away on food. Since the quest is most likely to get them out of debt, that doesn't happen until they're past 0 (I think). The second option is that it's a decimal fraction thing. In any case, it didn't seem to happen for me in higher levels, when you donate bigger sums of money.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
I have noticed this issue now. I think it only happens under certain circumstances: when NPCs have 0 CP and you give them a small amount, it seems to jump back to 0. This may be them spending the money right away on food. Since the quest is most likely to get them out of debt, that doesn't happen until they're past 0 (I think). The second option is that it's a decimal fraction thing. In any case, it didn't seem to happen for me in higher levels, when you donate bigger sums of money.
Yes, I did notice once I got higher than level 8. Actually, when they get down to zero or less, the problem still pops up unless I donate twice, ie. get them over 5 coppers. No biggie. Thanks for the help. I never get my characters over 21 levels by the way. My ol' mind and reflexes can't take it when it gets higher.

Gah! That reminds me, birthday next month - I turn 67. Wonder if I should start lying and say its the 38th anniversary of my 29th birthday?