Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Elite

Default [Cosmetics] Minor nitpick of which I should be ashamed

First let me say I love the new button style. Fits the game's theme much better.

But the [Resume] button in the main menu the main menu looks jarring - it is slightly wider than the rest, and now that the button shape is more complex, that bothers me.

Now that I got this very minor whine off my chest, I will go be ashamed in the corner.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
First let me say I love the new button style. Fits the game's theme much better.

But the [Resume] button in the main menu the main menu looks jarring - it is slightly wider than the rest, and now that the button shape is more complex, that bothers me.

Now that I got this very minor whine off my chest, I will go be ashamed in the corner.
I'm pretty sure Steven wanted it to be a little bigger since it would be "easier to pick out" and because it is the button players will click the most. But since the button is already "highlighted" as an important button by color, I'm guessing it doesn't need to be bigger and would look better the same size as the others. I'll see if it's ok with Steven to change it to the same size as the others.

If it's driving you crazy, you could open Assets/UI/main.mnu, find "//Resume" and change the lines:

position 265.0 292.0
size 110.0 25.0

to:

position 270.0 292.0
size 100.0 25.0

and it will be the same size as the other buttons.

Oh, then you'd need to either restart the game or type in reloadMenus from the console.

Last edited by PixelLord : 07-07-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Elite

While we're on the subject of the Resume button; it's always been bugging me that its tooltip doesn't tell the player more about the game that's going to be resumed.
In addition to the ship's name, it should also display its race and level, general information about the current sector (world level, pace, size, races present, etc.),
as well as any progress towards victory, and of course whether it's a hardcore game or not.

This would make getting back into a game much easier after several weeks of exploring a wholly different part of the universe.

Last edited by Valgor : 07-07-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLord View Post
If it's driving you crazy, you could open Assets/UI/main.mnu, find "//Resume" and ... *snip*
Thanks, it worked, although it was a bit more involved than that on my system. The assets were compressed in three zip files, so that I had to edit the file outside the archive, and compress it back into place.

But I like it a lot better right now. And you are absolutely right that the color is enough to bring attention to it.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Elite

The Resume button will be changed to the same size as the other buttons in the next patch.