Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Amateur

Default Resolution Set to 4x Monitor Size

Hello

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit. My previous operating systems Vista, Windows XP, and Linux ran the game fine.

When I run the game through steam the screen size is approximately 4 times the size of my monitor. When the Main Game starting screen loads I can see the upper left portion of the 4 screens.

I have a Nvidia Geoforce 9800m GTS video card. I have a intel core 2 duo running at 2.26ghz with 4 gigs of ram. Has anyone else experienced this or is there a work around?

I tried setting the resolution manually through the steam/steamapps/common/Din's Curse/User/default text configuration file.

This does not work. I read else where to change this under C:/user/AppData/Din's Curse/ but this directory does not exist on my computer. The AppData directory does not exist in my User Directory.

Any help in solving this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ghenghis : 04-28-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghenghis View Post
This does not work. I read else where to change this under C:/user/AppCache/Din's Curse/ but this directory does not exist on my computer. The AppCache directory does not exist in my User Directory.
The path you're looking for is:
C:/Users/[your user name]/AppData/Local/Din's Curse/

AppData is a hidden folder.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:28 AM
Amateur

Thanks my Friend. How does one unhide hidden files and folders in Windows 7?

I know that may seem a stupid question and I do feel stupid. I have been using computers since the IBM Pet and loading programs required a cassette tape drive.

Ok I figured it out. I can only run the game in a windowed which sucks in some ways but at least I can play it now.

It will not run in full screen with 1920x1200 resolution as I get the resolution 4 times the size of my monitor.

Last edited by Ghenghis : 04-28-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Try this: right click on the game's icon, select the compatibility tab, and check the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Then see if you can play at a high resolution in fullscreen.
Patreon
Old 04-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Amateur

Thank-you! That worked like a charm. I can now run the game in full screen at 1920x1200!!

I had to go into the steam folder where the game is actually located to do this. It doesn't work via a short cut on the desktop made by steam.