Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Amateur

Default How to beat respawning during raids

Hi. My first day playing this and I'm struggling. Whenever I raid the enemy they instantly respawn the second I kill them. How do I counter is apart from overleveling? Atm the fighting just goes on forever, never gets anywhere or achieves anything.

It's pretty frustrating.

Also, is it just me or is the healing aggro in this game just a tiny bit out of control? My priest is built for support but simply gets focus fired to death in seconds during fights the moment I cast any kind of healing spell (unless I sit there spamming quickheal which isn't exactly a fun way to spend every fight).
Old 02-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Amateur

More/Better Recruits would help, unless you're already maxed on numbers. If so then just lvl, i reccomend on using lesser heal for preists, and using warrior/rouge recruits prefering warriors because of their high HP and greater staying power.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

The respawn shouldn't be instant. Also the more damaged their lifestone is the longer the respawn rate. So beat on them enough and you should get the respawn under control.
Patreon
Old 02-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Elite

I would also recommend using the time-tested "pull" technique to wear them down. Instead of bringing all your recruits with you, leave most of them at the base and only bring 1 or none of your recruits to the enemy base. Then, when they come at you, don't fight them there--lure them back to your base where you all benefit from the "free" healing of your lifestone and can pound away at them. This might take a while, but you won't be dying too often. Also, I would recommend pulling their bests first if you can because they can't respawn.

One other thing to keep in mind is that when they do respond, it is actually draining their lifestone a little bit every time, so if you can focus on pulling them, you don't really need to do much direct attacking on the lifestone until the very end.

I also further recommend the pull technique because anytime you or one of your recruits dies and respawns, your own lifestone gets drained a bit and you are much more at risk for an opportunist attack from another covenant.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Elite

I don't have a problem with respawners much. Mostly it's guards or the original wave that actually decide the fight. respawners do make it take a while, but you can throw more respawners into the breach yourself. In fact, the attacker will ALWAYS win if no one new intervenes under those circumstances.
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?