Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Expert

Thumbs up Priest Strategy to Defeat Other Covenants

I'm not sure if some other priest has discovered this strategy or not.

To beat another covenant which is aggressive, I conduct a raid. I ensure all my covenant members have been "strengthened" first. I have 3 stealth rogues and one mage. We are all above the 60th level.

Currently I am 67 Master Priest Level. I find if I stay and fight I am defeated and have to resurrect within 10 seconds.

What I do is this: I put the game on Pause. Before I take the game off Pause, I find the nearest exit and run for it, . Then I feed food and also heal all my Covenant members from afar. This way I defeat the Covenant I am raiding, 98% of the time.

Then I move on.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 09-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Elite

I did somthing like that once. I also like forming up outside their covenant house and charging them with warriors.
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?
Old 09-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Elite

Yeah, the 'target from anywhere' trick is pretty effective when you abuse it during a raid. You can sit right next to your 'stone and keep all your mates in tippity top shape while they grind down just about anyone in town, as long as they stay engaged.

That said, it's pretty boring that way
Old 09-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delve View Post
Yeah, the 'target from anywhere' trick is pretty effective when you abuse it during a raid. You can sit right next to your 'stone and keep all your mates in tippity top shape while they grind down just about anyone in town, as long as they stay engaged.

That's why you play hardcore loner priest for challenge. Too bad they don't last more than 10 lvls before biting the dust.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLabyrinth View Post
That's why you play hardcore loner priest for challenge. Too bad they don't last more than 10 lvls before biting the dust.
I can prove you wrong on that, I've got one at level 12 :P
Old 09-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delve View Post

Thank goodness each of us has a different vision of playing a game like this. To me it's not boring, just fun. And I prefer Alliances with one or two covenants, rather than decimate all and sundry. My approach is cooperation not everyone is an enemy.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Elite

I generally get almost everyone in mutual protection treaties until shortly before I clear the story quests. By that time they're pretty much all at each other's throats and I just sort of pick sides. Assuming I don't get dragged in by mutual protection beforehand, I can't always get everyone in my circle.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by scragar View Post
I can prove you wrong on that, I've got one at level 12 :P
So what level is it now? How do you keep it from getting overwhelmed by other covenants? Do you do so by playing with lower level covenants?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Champion

I've not played the character much, when I did though my goal was to concentrate on keeping everyone happy(or at war with each other and not me), while I went off exploring(My strategy in combat is to make the gate, attack, heal, attack, heal... retreat back to house for more healing, return to where I was to finish the fight, then advance a tiny distance and repeate(oh, and if your nearly dead save and exit, that way you don't die, you get to restart near your file stone then with all the status effects gone) -- and put a lot of points into vitality, which is a must for any hardcore character)

Oh, and the character has had an alliance victory(I'd rather not have pushed a war there :P), so it's not impossible to play...
Old 09-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Expert

Hey, is there a way to improve relationship between two different covenants? If you have good relationship with both of them and you see their relationship with each other drop, can you do something about keeping them from going to war?