Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Expert

Default Set items? Defense?

I've got a few pieces of item sets. Are there certain areas where I should go to farm complete sets? I have 2 pieces of Cibio's and I just found a set chainmail tunic. I'd like to complete both. Maybe this is a question for Shadow more than anyone else, but are the sets dropped at random universally or should I be farming a certain monster to have a chance at finding all set items?

Also, as a warrior, what is the best way to stave off damage so I can stand and tank? I bring food and potions with me but they get extremely expensive. What's a good skill strategy to use so that I can take a beating without dying at the hands of the first boss monster and his minions? I haven't spent any skill points, yet. I have spent some attribute points to be able to wield a mace, though.

I think I'm level 7 or 8. w00t!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Champion

The are dropped randomly, you an adjust the odds of getting set pieces with mods, if that helps.

I would check the enemy covenants for the items, see if you can buy it off them, it might work out a bit more expensive but it's a good way to complete sets.

If you are running out of money see if other covenants want to buy your junk, if they do they pay more than in stores, and it raises the friendship between the two of you.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc386 View Post
Also, as a warrior, what is the best way to stave off damage so I can stand and tank? I bring food and potions with me but they get extremely expensive. What's a good skill strategy to use so that I can take a beating without dying at the hands of the first boss monster and his minions? I haven't spent any skill points, yet. I have spent some attribute points to be able to wield a mace, though.
To tank better, you basically need more armor, defense, and/or health. Also if you don't have a recruit yet, get one and bring them along with you. I suppose that won't help you tank it will just kill things faster.
Patreon
Old 01-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by scragar View Post
The are dropped randomly, you an adjust the odds of getting set pieces with mods, if that helps.

I would check the enemy covenants for the items, see if you can buy it off them, it might work out a bit more expensive but it's a good way to complete sets.

If you are running out of money see if other covenants want to buy your junk, if they do they pay more than in stores, and it raises the friendship between the two of you.
Now, instead of buying, what if I were to kill everyone in the covenant and shatter their lifestone? Would the set item appear in the reward chest?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Elite

No. which is too bad, as they often find really awesome gear.
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
To tank better, you basically need more armor, defense, and/or health. Also if you don't have a recruit yet, get one and bring them along with you. I suppose that won't help you tank it will just kill things faster.
Also get lots of resistances. The elementally enchanted boss mobs are the ones that can kill you quick.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruztee View Post
Also get lots of resistances. The elementally enchanted boss mobs are the ones that can kill you quick.
Okay, that's what I'm talking about because the unique bosses I'm supposed to kill are each capable of killing me in 5 or 6 hits. As you can imagine, when I have to fight 2 or 3 of these guys, I'm killed in just a few seconds. I have to find a way to end these clowns.