Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Fantastical Creature Reality Show
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Elite

Default Episode 3: Dungeon Dive (Part 1)

The contestants from Tribe Depths are waiting in the ruins of an abandoned house. They climb through a gap left by a fallen wall and circle around the remains on the floor of what used to be the roof.

"Do you think there’s anything useful left in here?" Nessa (elf) asked.

"If it was useful, don’t you think who ever lived here would’ve taken it with them?" Ranzkin (gnome) asked?

"Not if they died here," Christina (vampire) said.

"I found a chair." William (werewolf) sat on a dusty wooden chair. It creaked and then snapped, dropping him to the floor. Jewel (cyclops) laughed and Paige (zombie) moaned.

Nessa followed William outside near the front of the dwelling. "Who are you planning on voting for?"

William looked up at the cloudy twilight. "The least helpful maybe. Ranzkin."

"Dedrick won’t agree to that. She eased his burn. I was thinking about Christina." Nessa shivered. "She scares me."

Dedrick (centaur) watched William and Nessa from the window. "I wonder what they’re talking about."

"Probably who they’re going to vote for," Ranzkin said. She had the lava snake coiled around her middle like a belt. "We should team up and vote together. I don’t know that I’ll make many other friends in this bunch."

"Who should we vote for?"

"At first I thought William because he can infect us, but then I remembered so can Paige," Ranzkin said.

Dedrick nodded. "And she smells really bad."

Christina joined them. "Hey, guys. Half of us are voting for William and half for Nessa. If you’re in, you vote for Nessa."

"The others agreed to this?"

Christina nodded. "Look at them." She gestured toward the window. "An obvious alliance."

They watched Nessa and William laughing outside when Talia, the imp who didn’t make the show, came through the brush. "Someone’s here," Dedrick called out, but he held back with Ranzkin before joining the group outside. "What do we do?" he whispered.

"Let’s vote for Christina," she said. "I don’t like how she’s taking over.

DIARY CONFESSION – RANZKIN THE GNOME

"Did you see how Christina took charge? Paige and Jewel just went along with it. Yeah, I guess it’s smart, but the last thing I want is someone with two spaced-out lackeys who’ll do whatever she says. She almost has a majority vote with just them! I’ll never survive if she gets her way.

"Dedrick and I have an alliance since I helped sooth his burn. I can’t believe he let the poor, frightened snake bite him. Centaurs! You’d think they’d be smarter about wildlife. Lucky for him it wasn’t poisonous. Just, you know, a fire starter!

"I don’t think anyone is on to us yet, that we’re together, but we’ll definitely have to start spending time away from each other. Otherwise it’ll be obvious like Nessa and William."

BACK TO THE SHOW

Outside, Talia handed out slips of paper for the contestants to mark their vote. Talia tallied the results, but none of the contestants knew who voted for whom.

Jewel voted for Nessa.

Ranzkin voted for Christina.

Nessa voted for Christina.

Dedrick voted for Christina.

Christina voted for William.

William voted for Ranzkin.

Paige voted for William.

Talia announced, "The two contestants who’ve been selected for the Sacrificial Altar are Christina and William."

"What!" Christina glared at Ranzkin and Dedrick.

"You still have a chance of being saved. Whoever wins the Immunity Challenge will be able to free one contestant from the altar, at which point a new vote will be cast for the replacement.

"Somewhere in this house is a stairway leading into a dungeon. At the bottom of the dungeon is the Golden Immunity Ring. Whoever reaches this ring first wins the challenge. Proceed with care. This is a dangerous game with the possibility of death. The contest begins now."

Christina pushed Nessa over as she sprang back into the house, ripping broken furniture and bits of construction material out of her way.

"We have to get that ring," Ranzkin said to Dedrick. "Did you see how Christina looked at me?"

"Ear, ear!" Paige called from a pile of debris up to her knees. Christina jumped the distance between them and disappeared near Paige.

"Where’s William?" Nessa asked, looking around.

"Must’ve already gone down," Jewel said.

Nessa frowned. They followed Paige down the staircase into a stone chamber with two branches.

Christina, Paige and Jewel took the right. Even hunched over, Jewel’s back rubbed the top of the tunnel. "I can’t see anything."

Christina called from ahead. "Catch up when you can. I can’t wait for you. If it isn’t down this tunnel, I’ll need to fly back to beat the others."

"Ooh an eye?" Paige asked.

"Not really fly," Christina replied. "Just move really fast." She sprinted farther away, her footsteps leaving no sound on the stone.

"I hear something up ahead," Jewel said.

"Is ih Rissina?" Paige asked?

Jewel turned her ear toward the noise. "Four legs."

A beast sprang from the gloom, toppling a screaming Paige. Jewel smacked the creature off of Paige.

"What is it," Jewel asked. As the animal rose and shook it’s large head and wide mouth. Saliva dripped off rows of sharp teeth. Two horns rose from its back.

"Scavenger," Paige said, her bruised looking eyes widening.

The monster lunged at Paige again and this time she turned and ran back toward the exit. Jewel’s face scrunched up. "Why’d it go after her?" She shrugged and continued after Christina.

COMERCIAL BREAK

This Informational Announcement is brought to you by Mothers for Monsters.

Furies – Misunderstood creatures, or just plain evil. We’ve asked this question to many people of different origins to get a more rounded view. Here’s what they had to say:

Dark Elf: They are a respectable enemy. Furies aren’t your average slave race. That’s why we have to kill them all.

Dwarf: If the dark elves want to annihilate them, it makes me rethink my opinion. I don’t know how anyone can think they ain’t monsters though. Destructive and gleeful arsonists is what they are.

Lumen: Though they are demons, they were created by magical means. That’s something. I say, let them live as long as it’s far away from civilization.

Barbarian: Tough creatures. The best way to kill one is to stay agile, keep moving. Don’t be a target. Get close fast, stab them in the chest and get out just as fast. Their many arms are deadly if they get a good swing on you. Huh? What do you mean that isn’t the question?

Sade: I’ve never heard of this fury thing. A red four-armed demon you say? Where can I hunt this creature?

Misunderstood or evil? You decide.

Go to Episode 3 (Part 2).

Last edited by Delilah Rehm : 01-21-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added link
Old 01-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Champion

Have we missed an episode?

It went Ep1 part 1, Part 2, Ep3 part 1.
Did you by chance confuse part 2 with episode 2? Or am I missing something?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

I asked the same thing. Episode 2 was the interview.
Patreon
Old 01-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Elite

I should have put it in the title but I didn't think of it in time. Sorry. I can't change the title in the forum. I did mention it's episode 2 at the front of the text, and I put it in the title on my blog page. Though... I suspect it's still going to be really confusing. :-/

Delilah