Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Other > Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Amateur

Default Favorite R.A Salvatore character?

what is your faveorit R.A salvador charator, i like Riges, he is not realy the adventureing type but manages to make himsellf usefull somewhere, and of coarse who wouldent like Guen.

i know this is a random question, but you asked for one.0/50 alinement babey!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Legend

I would say hands down artemis entreri. He represents the inner strength most people wish they had. He is stealthy, cunning, ruthless and sadistic. All of my favorite qualities in a assassin. He is also my inspiration for my main protagonist in my own stories-Lucien (who is also a thief).

As for drizzt, I like him. I just tend to think of him as too much of a goody goody. Drizzt is more or less a paladin. He is right in certain sections, but he has flaws.

I still think that if artemis entreri had drizzts training in menzo, he would be hands down the most powerful fighter in the whole FR. He can already tank most drow ....and he's human. Just think about it.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:03 AM
Expert

I haven't been keeping up with Salvador's new books, but I have to agree with you there. As a human, Entreri got to that level in few decades and he may be already past the peak of his physical prime, yet he can still kick most drows' collective asses.

However I'm a little upset that Entreri was so obsessive with being the best. Instead of going through that convoluted schemes to force Drizzt to fight one on one, he should have done his job as an assassin and just sniped/poisoned the goodygoody bastard. Things would have been much simpler for him if just did that.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMany View Post
However I'm a little upset that Entreri was so obsessive with being the best. Instead of going through that convoluted schemes to force Drizzt to fight one on one, he should have done his job as an assassin and just sniped/poisoned the goodygoody bastard. Things would have been much simpler for him if just did that.
Most books and movies would be very short if the bad guy had much intelligence.
Patreon
Old 07-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Most books and movies would be very short if the bad guy had much intelligence.
true. and i also forgot that our assassen was only 30 or soo, while Drizzt was around 50-60 during there engagements. drizzt had 20 years of training, while Entrri probobly did not go to a formal fighing school.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Legend

That's probably true. Drizzt is all in all really powerful. I cant wait until my 2nd favorite character gets his own book-zaknafein.

Salvatore said that he was eventually going to write a book about him and jarlaxle 50 years before drizzt. That would be awesome. Zaknafein is the man. I liked him more than drizzt throughout the whole dark elf trilogy.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

A Zaknafein book would be cool.
Patreon
Old 07-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Amateur

ya. i would read it, aslo i thing a book about hakle harpspell would be good for a laugh, he always has been the comic releef of the seires.

also, this has turend out way better then i thought it would have. i ment this as a joke, but it turned out much better then i expeticed.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:03 AM
Expert

When Drizzt was going through the magic training in the academy, didn't the masters there say that he had great potential for magic as well? It would have been interesting to see him follow the arcane path as well, but since there are plenty stories on overpowered wizards already, I guess I can't complain.

Also a question I always had but never really looked for an answer. Isn't Drizzt officially a ranger? If so what level is he and how come he doesn't have a real animal companion? His big magic kitty isn't summoned through his ranger powers, it's summoned through the magical artifact. So shouldn't he also get a bear companion or something?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Legend

Drizzt is only officially a level 2 ranger. Guenywvar is considered an official animal companion. The reason that drizzt is only level 2 is because he is good at tracking and sneaking up behind someone but mostly he is a fighter. I would say he is something like- Fighter lvl 18, Ranger lvl 3. Since drizzt is mostly a weaponmaster, he can use almost any weapon and be deadly. He is still a ranger just spends more time fighting than doing regular ranger stuff (like having a bow, though he did at few times)

The masters didnt so much as say that he would make a great mage, matron malice wanted him to be a mage. Zaknafein didnt want this, so therefore he threw 10 coins up in the air. Drizzt caught all of them, and so he became to train as a fighter. While he was at the academy, he got trained a little in the arcane arts, but was uninterested in it. He probably could be a mage, but like we need another one of them.