Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Elite

Default [Bug] Planetary problems with no quest

This is something I have been seeing for a while, and I know some instances have been fixed, but I just encountered it again in 1.036

Sometimes, a planet will have a disease, that will not have a quest associated with it. Thus, it will steadily lose population, until a stray shot blows it up.

The latest I encountered is a Fringe planet with a Mutagen virus. The icon is under the planet's health bar, the population growth penalty is displayed in the Status report, but there is no quest, thus nothing I can do about it. So far, I've only seen this on Lithosoid and Fringe planets, but that does not mean much, because these are two of the three races that I actually watch over, and Scavengers are spreading like crazy, so who cares if they're diseased?
Old 03-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Expert

can you still donate/sell the associated counter item to stop the stat effects on the planet ? albeit with no quest rewards
Old 03-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Elite

No, because diseases need collection quests, not items.

If I ever see a 'quest-less' problem that can be solved with an item, I will certainly try it.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Expert

i could swear i have gotten mutagen vaccine's without any active planetary quests wanting it just like so many of the items that say "sometimes planets need these but are of little use to drox agents"
Old 03-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Elite

There is an item that causes mutations, and it is sometimes used to solve problems (genocide a subrace, kill an invasive species, etc...) Often it does not quite work the way the planetary authorities expect.

But the problem I'm seeing is a straight up plague. As far as I know, those always require collecting a bunch of body parts, and you cannot collect them unless you actually have the quest in your quest list (which is a way to choose which planet you're collecting for)

Last edited by Tuidjy : 03-04-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by laq View Post
i could swear i have gotten mutagen vaccine's without any active planetary quests wanting it just like so many of the items that say "sometimes planets need these but are of little use to drox agents"
I'm pretty sure that's just the default description text for all of the items that are used in quests like that (mutagens, rebel weapons, etc.). I highly doubt that selling an item to a planet that doesn't have an open quest for it does anything.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrObot View Post
I'm pretty sure that's just the default description text for all of the items that are used in quests like that (mutagens, rebel weapons, etc.). I highly doubt that selling an item to a planet that doesn't have an open quest for it does anything.
if that is the case it's too bad as it would be a good way to further influence the npc politics /diplomacy