Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 03:57 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
Um... are you playing with the latest patch? Because that has been added.
1.024? Specifically, I'm talking about adding the indicators to the OVERHEAD map view (hit M, I think). I currently don't see anything except the dots of where the villagers are. I still have to walk close enough to every villager to see the indicator appear on the minimap (map in top right hand corner).

Is that the map you mean? It's nice having it there, of course, but I would like it on the big, global map view, also (M key).

It's not a super big deal, of course, but it would save a little bit of time wandering back and forth through the village.

SamF7
Old 04-27-2011, 04:56 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF7 View Post
1.024? Specifically, I'm talking about adding the indicators to the OVERHEAD map view (hit M, I think). I currently don't see anything except the dots of where the villagers are. I still have to walk close enough to every villager to see the indicator appear on the minimap (map in top right hand corner).

Is that the map you mean? It's nice having it there, of course, but I would like it on the big, global map view, also (M key).

It's not a super big deal, of course, but it would save a little bit of time wandering back and forth through the village.

SamF7
Ah ok. Now I understand. I don't turn on the map view when I'm in town, which is why I didn't think of it.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Expert

An overhead map showing current questgivers would save some time, except for the wandering villagers in need.

More useful and certainly more realistic would be to have the needy walk to the center of town, or at least the periphery of the town square. Looking for help? Don't just hang around in your shack!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Elite

Don't forget that Din is punishing our characters for bad past deeds.

Having the character eating potato chips in front of the TV, saying that the needy and helpless should drag their backsides to the character's house so the character doesn't have to get off the sofa, is not going to earn Din brownie points.

(I exaggerate, but I don't think the current amount of "work" for quests is out of line.)
Old 04-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak View Post
Don't forget that Din is punishing our characters for bad past deeds.

Having the character eating potato chips in front of the TV, saying that the needy and helpless should drag their backsides to the character's house so the character doesn't have to get off the sofa, is not going to earn Din brownie points.

(I exaggerate, but I don't think the current amount of "work" for quests is out of line.)
You get potato chips?!

I was just going to suggest as well that as many of the townsfolk don't seem very occupied, they could get busy selling my loot and shopping around the various vendors.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Amateur

One of my townsfolk last night was 63 CP in the hole. SIXTY THREE??
I play with poverty on......he almost didn't get saved.

SamF7
Old 04-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF7 View Post
One of my townsfolk last night was 63 CP in the hole. SIXTY THREE??
I play with poverty on......he almost didn't get saved.
You could have fought/killed him, but I guess Din would have made you pay for the funeral.

I tried to get the Warmaster to explain how he got 5 SP in the hole (level 99 town), but I guess what happens in Vindomora stays in Vindomora.