Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 04-27-2011, 03:57 AM
SamF7 SamF7 is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
Um... are you playing with the latest patch? Because that has been added.
1.024? Specifically, I'm talking about adding the indicators to the OVERHEAD map view (hit M, I think). I currently don't see anything except the dots of where the villagers are. I still have to walk close enough to every villager to see the indicator appear on the minimap (map in top right hand corner).

Is that the map you mean? It's nice having it there, of course, but I would like it on the big, global map view, also (M key).

It's not a super big deal, of course, but it would save a little bit of time wandering back and forth through the village.

SamF7
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-27-2011, 04:56 AM
Bluddy Bluddy is offline
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF7 View Post
1.024? Specifically, I'm talking about adding the indicators to the OVERHEAD map view (hit M, I think). I currently don't see anything except the dots of where the villagers are. I still have to walk close enough to every villager to see the indicator appear on the minimap (map in top right hand corner).

Is that the map you mean? It's nice having it there, of course, but I would like it on the big, global map view, also (M key).

It's not a super big deal, of course, but it would save a little bit of time wandering back and forth through the village.

SamF7
Ah ok. Now I understand. I don't turn on the map view when I'm in town, which is why I didn't think of it.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Antigrav's Avatar
Antigrav Antigrav is offline
Expert
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 45
Default

An overhead map showing current questgivers would save some time, except for the wandering villagers in need.

More useful and certainly more realistic would be to have the needy walk to the center of town, or at least the periphery of the town square. Looking for help? Don't just hang around in your shack!
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Bak's Avatar
Bak Bak is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 259
Default

Don't forget that Din is punishing our characters for bad past deeds.

Having the character eating potato chips in front of the TV, saying that the needy and helpless should drag their backsides to the character's house so the character doesn't have to get off the sofa, is not going to earn Din brownie points.

(I exaggerate, but I don't think the current amount of "work" for quests is out of line.)
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Antigrav's Avatar
Antigrav Antigrav is offline
Expert
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak View Post
Don't forget that Din is punishing our characters for bad past deeds.

Having the character eating potato chips in front of the TV, saying that the needy and helpless should drag their backsides to the character's house so the character doesn't have to get off the sofa, is not going to earn Din brownie points.

(I exaggerate, but I don't think the current amount of "work" for quests is out of line.)
You get potato chips?!

I was just going to suggest as well that as many of the townsfolk don't seem very occupied, they could get busy selling my loot and shopping around the various vendors.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-27-2011, 04:30 PM
SamF7 SamF7 is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
Default

One of my townsfolk last night was 63 CP in the hole. SIXTY THREE??
I play with poverty on......he almost didn't get saved.

SamF7
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Bak's Avatar
Bak Bak is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF7 View Post
One of my townsfolk last night was 63 CP in the hole. SIXTY THREE??
I play with poverty on......he almost didn't get saved.
You could have fought/killed him, but I guess Din would have made you pay for the funeral.

I tried to get the Warmaster to explain how he got 5 SP in the hole (level 99 town), but I guess what happens in Vindomora stays in Vindomora.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2019 Soldak Entertainment, Inc.