Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2011, 02:12 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baki View Post
Just found another possible exploit. Create the highest level town possible. Check Apo for Stamp out the Infestation, do the quest, abandon town, repeat.

Just leveled from 54 to 60 in 10 minutes. Did not even get xp dept for abandoning.
Wow you're an exploit king! How on earth did you think of that?
Hmm... how do we solve this? I guess one way is to say it requires an exception: this particular quest should not have any XP multipliers applied to it.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:40 AM
Champion

Only real solution is to add xp penalty back, or to get rid of that quest (it's annoying and unfun anyways)

Maybe only have it when your rep level is below 5?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Things you'd like worked on in Demon War
I'd like for all the new features to be toned down. Seriously, i registered just to say that the game becomes increasingly more ridiculous.

All the townspeople quests are way, WAY out of hand. Its like they dont even know what food is ! Someone is always starving somewhere, often in sets of 3-5. And its quite a routine, click to get quest - window closes - click to donate - window closes - click to solve quest - window closes. Not fun. Not fun. And how in the world do i give them food instead of money anyway ?

Other quests are the same, just a waste of time running around town squashing invisible bugs, searching for barely visible evidence papers...and they are all MANDATORY, none are optional. And they just HAPPEN to all start starving away at the exact moment when i'm looking at some trader's inventory. What rotten timing.

Oh, also, can something be done about mandatory quest bosses spawning in secret rooms ? At times finding them is a practical impossibility. Just a simple check on the distance to the closest secret wall, is that so much to ask ?

Oh, and the loot generator is still as bad as ever. Previously, by level 20-something my character has amassed about half a dozen each of Greta's Tunic and that Ciglio-something belts. In this new version - i got three Ciglio's by the time i completed one world. Ridiculous i tell you.

Last edited by Mckertis : 02-24-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckertis View Post
I'd like for all the new features to be toned down. Seriously, i registered just to say that the game becomes increasingly more ridiculous.
The features are VERY toned down from the beta, in a very good way. It's true that there may be a few too many starving quests, but at least there are far fewer traitors.

Quote:
And its quite a routine, click to get quest - window closes - click to donate - window closes - click to solve quest - window closes. Not fun. Not fun. And how in the world do i give them food instead of money anyway ?
I think you can just click food on them. Also, you don't have to accept their quest first -- if you see an NPC with a quest in debt, just give him money. You can then just click to receive the reward. I agree the default way is annoying though. Maybe it can be like in Dungeon Keeper (I keep referring to that game) where monsters have icons over their heads. A food icon means he's hungry and a money icon that he's in debt. More complicated quests will remain question marks.

Quote:
Other quests are the same, just a waste of time running around town squashing invisible bugs, searching for barely visible evidence papers...
I like the evidence papers, but each to his own. You don't have to find them or squish the bugs BTW - there's no reputation penalty.

Quote:
Oh, also, can something be done about mandatory quest bosses spawning in secret rooms ? At times finding them is a practical impossibility. Just a simple check on the distance to the closest secret wall, is that so much to ask ?
You still don't know on which side of the wall they are on. It could be far from them, but still block them off.

Quote:
Oh, and the loot generator is still as bad as ever. Previously, by level 20-something my character has amassed about half a dozen of Greta's Tunic and that Ciglio-something belts. In this new version - i got three Ciglio's by the time i completed one world. Ridiculous i tell you.
I've also been saying that for a while. The good loot should be toned down. I think the set thing is on purpose, because people complained that they couldn't get sets. I think that's exactly how it should be -- sets should be matched using the stash. (And yes, I know HC chars don't have stash access. They shouldn't have sets either).
Old 02-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
(And yes, I know HC chars don't have stash access. They shouldn't have sets either).
I think HC characters are entirely entitled to sets -- but they have to get them on their own! Nothing wrong with a "clean slate character" -- I play certain characters where I refuse to grab stuff from the shared stash all the time. I make it part of that character's "personality" in my head when I'm playing them. Some I play where they do "Found food only" -- that one is tough -- no purchasing food at all. Rules that aren't enforced by the game, but by myself to add to the "I wonder if I could..." character concept challenge.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckertis View Post
All the townspeople quests are way, WAY out of hand. Its like they dont even know what food is ! Someone is always starving somewhere, often in sets of 3-5. And its quite a routine, click to get quest - window closes - click to donate - window closes - click to solve quest - window closes. Not fun. Not
I have to agree here. I would much rather my interactions with townspeople be about building up defenses etc then running around and clicking a few times to feed them.

I feel like the quest system is a bit too busy with sort of trivial and boring quests. I would love to see it balance with other emergent sort of goals that aren't quest related but that impact the world. Building defensive structures, hiring monsters ala DOP. Investing in the towns in a tangible way. I do really like the fact that you can give the townspeople equipment but it is kind of clunky to run around and hand out gear the way it is set up. And the towns are over and done soon enough.

I would almost like to stay in the towns much longer if it meant building up the npcs, getting them equipped, helping to develop their skills and fighting off invasions with them, until they are strong heroes and you can move on to the next town.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brysos View Post
I do really like the fact that you can give the townspeople equipment but it is kind of clunky to run around and hand out gear the way it is set up. And the towns are over and done soon enough.
It's much faster to hand equipment to the warmaster, who will then hand it out to the NPCs. Simply look at the warmaster's equipment and you'll see the armory slot.

Quote:
I would almost like to stay in the towns much longer if it meant building up the npcs, getting them equipped, helping to develop their skills and fighting off invasions with them, until they are strong heroes and you can move on to the next town.
That'll have to wait for the next expansion.

At the same time, part of DC is going to another random town. When towns drag on it can get tedious. Right now the NPC interaction is at a balance point where it's icing to the dungeon fighting without overwhelming the dungeon fighting. Starvation quests may need to be tweaked, but NPCs interact with you in many other ways (including fighting each other). I think Demon War struck a good balance there.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Legend

Default Dual Mace/Sword Mastery for Paladins

Ive been thinking about the paladin class. Since the paladin just got the ability to wield swords, would it possible to change the mastery to give the paladin the ability to have a mastery with maces and swords for less damage. I cant remember that many paladins that used maces. Maybe im wrong maybe im not, but ive tried to use maces altogether and they are way too slow of a dps. If you add the mastery to both maces and swords but lower the damage to oh say 5% or 6%, it might work. Would this be possible shadow?
Old 02-25-2011, 02:20 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
Ive been thinking about the paladin class. Since the paladin just got the ability to wield swords, would it possible to change the mastery to give the paladin the ability to have a mastery with maces and swords for less damage. I cant remember that many paladins that used maces. Maybe im wrong maybe im not, but ive tried to use maces altogether and they are way too slow of a dps. If you add the mastery to both maces and swords but lower the damage to oh say 5% or 6%, it might work. Would this be possible shadow?
Mayhap not paladins, but clerics on the other hand...

Removing the start-up delay of Din showing no more than a blank screen for several seconds before -anything- else would be marvelous. It's been like that for me ever since Demon's War (back in beta) was installed.

Now if only I can figure out where to submit this Din's crash log to...
Old 02-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Expert

create a lvl 100 town with a char. create a new char. Now you can create a lvl 100 town with the new char (bug). do so and do the stamp out the infestation quest.

This is the result:

Jaime
Level 100 Warrior
Stats

Health: 480 / 480
Mana: 53 / 53

Attack: 25
Defense: 17
Armor: 0

Damage: 1 - 4
Dps: 1.7

Reputation Level: 82

Money: 8SP 38CP

Attributes

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 5
Vitality: 16
Intelligence: 16
Spirit: 5

Points Left: 495

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 1
Cold Resistance: 1
Poison Resistance: 1
Lightning Resistance: 1
Magic Resistance: 0

Skills

Points Left: 1169

Equipment

Fun stats

Kills: 0
Deaths: 0
Kills Per Death: 0

Gold Found: 0CP
Time Played: 10m 33s
Max Damage Dealt: 0
Max Damage Taken: 0
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 0
Max Health Healed: 0

Best Trap Disarmed: lvl 0

Strongest Monster Defeated: None
Toughest Battle Won: None
Strongest Monster Killed By: None
Weakest Monster Killed By: None

Quests Solved: 1

Equipment Worth: 0CP
Inventory Worth: 59SP 43CP

Secrets Found: 0

Towns Saved: 0
Towns Abandoned: 0
Towns Lost: 0

Well, at least we can create as many lvl 100 chars as we want for testing

maybe it would be a good idea to limit town creation to +-10 charlvl

Last edited by Baki : 02-25-2011 at 07:56 AM.