Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2011, 03:41 AM
Amateur

Default StatusEffectIcons on Client Entities

I've been trying to get StatusEffectIcons to display on Client UI Entities, but I haven't been able to get it to work. I'm able to add a test text widget, just fine, but not the icons. I'm attempting to do this in order to see if being able to monitor buffs and debuffs will help me play a support character in multiplayer games with friends.

Here's my _Client1_merge.mnu file, including the test text widget:

Code:
mergeWith Client1

StatusEffectIcons
{
	position 40.5 0.0
	size 180.0 10.0
	entityType Client
	entityIndex 0
	showCondition MultiplayerClientValid
	color White
}

Widget
{
	position 40.5 0.0
	size 50.0 15.0
	entityType Client
	entityIndex 0
	showCondition MultiplayerClientValid
	font SmallDefault
	text "TEST"
	textAlignment center
	highlightRedirect Client1::Portrait
}
Again, I don't care about the bottom widget, I'm just trying to get the StatusEffectIcons to show. But with this file, only the bottom widget shows up. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Elite

Is this for showing status effects on other players? Good idea.

I find it odd that I can buff other players pets (figured it out from covenant priests in DOP which reminds me of a bug there) but i cant heal them and I can't see when the effects run out. I have no trouble healing my own pets, so it's not like pets can't be healed by spells, and we're all Din's Cursed so I assume the priests get their holy power from the same big cheese...why would Din be ok with healing my pets but not those of my fellow cursed? Ahwell....

Odd bug...my priest was able to buff Din, too. I was buffing all the NPCs in town and tried it.

I haven't done any UI plugins. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Amateur

Yep, exactly, it's to show status effects on other players.

I've been playing with a couple of friends, and I'm experimenting with a pure support role. I'm playing a Priest and only putting points into healing and buffing skills (no offensive skills at all). Being able to see when my friends are poisoned or on fire would help knowing when to cast the Healer's Cure spell on them, for instance. Also, it would be nice to see when the Shaman's 5-minute buffs fall off of them (I cast them on myself at the same time, so it's not too much of an issue, unless one of them dies and I forget to re-buff them).

I haven't tried healing other players pets yet (as my friends don't have any yet, although one of them is playing a Mage and might try the fire elemental), but if, as you say, it's not possible to heal them, then I agree that it's strange. You can even heal NPCs in town, as you said (and I often do after they've been fighting each other or after invasions).
Old 02-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, right now I don't think that is going to work.

I might look into seeing if I can get status effects to show up for other players. Right now I don't think that data is available when the other player gets too far away from you though.
Patreon
Old 02-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Amateur

Ah, ok, that explains it then. Thanks for responding!