Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Champion

This is very uncool, Stardock losing Impulse. I kinda liked it and have several games on there, but Gamestop is not the best name in the business. It seems Stardock is going out of its way to say nothing will change, but that may no longer be Stardock's call. Very uncool.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShrike View Post
umm... UGH... I have a strong aversion to all things Gamestop these days. I stopped going to the physical stores long ago due to the snarky know-it-all attitude of the store clerks in my neighborhood and otherwise complete lack of anything resembling Customer Service.

The thought of them buying out impulse just makes me want to cry...
I agree 100%. Although i dont know that much about impulse, i do know that gamestop clerks dont know good games. Every game they recommend is either really popular (which means nothing), on xbox 360 or ps3, (which i dont play cause i hate 3rd and 1st person), not on pc (which is my forte) or....just a bad recommendation. Ive had some of those fools think that oblivion and dragon age are better than baldurs gate series. They just focus on graphics.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShrike View Post
umm... UGH... I have a strong aversion to all things Gamestop these days. I stopped going to the physical stores long ago due to the snarky know-it-all attitude of the store clerks in my neighborhood and otherwise complete lack of anything resembling Customer Service.
I have on occasion gotten that, no idea how that happens.

I hope I'm not going off-topic, but as an example:

I entered one Gamestop, found a used copy of No More Heroes for 20$ and then found a new copy for 16$, obviously this implies they need to either switch labels or update the used price. I brought both up to show them and the reasonable fellow at the cash register said it was weird and got the manager (I assume, large, bearded, somewhat unfriendly looking fellow) and after viewing them for a few seconds the manager just flat out said that it was correct and there was no mistake.

At first I was just confused, but now I think he may have thought he was a jedi and was in fact using a jedi mind trick on me. Either that or his glasses are worthless or he should probably be fired.

---

Also! The game ads on the TVs in gamestop make me want to puke.

I just blanched when I heard a guy say, with no sarcasm in his voice, "For every great movie is a great game". This isn't just basely my opinion but in general when movies try to cash in on the game industry it's usually a piece of junk with no innovation.

I don't hate Gamestop completely, but I have found a number of things that make me prefer other places/things (Steam).

---

The fact that their objective is generally to make a sale (often with an expensive new pretty game that would appeal to people with little to no knowledge of gaming) makes it very hard to listen to their advice. I have occasionally found an agreeable employee though.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:41 AM
Amateur

So I can buy Demon War from Gamer's Gate and it will work with the Impulse version of Din's Curse?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Amateur

i've bought Din's Curse from impulse, they got the money but still no email, what should i do?
Old 04-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erevos View Post
i've bought Din's Curse from impulse, they got the money but still no email, what should i do?
Check Spam folder- if you still don't have an email, contact Stardock/Impulse Support. If you have IRC access hit irc.stardock.com #impulse. IRC can often get a resolution fast with Stardock, I suspect that won't change with Gamestop, since it will be the same employees.

Personally, while I understand why many folks distrust Gamestop (I've had issues myself), I don't think they'll screw this up. Too much of their future relies on DD- this is probably the last console generation they'll be able to sell used games.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.I.L.E.R View Post
So I can buy Demon War from Gamer's Gate and it will work with the Impulse version of Din's Curse?
That is a good question. There isn't anything that I have done that would prevent this and the Impulse version does work with the expansion directly from us, so I would guess that it would work.

Has anyone else tried this yet?
Patreon
Old 04-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
That is a good question. There isn't anything that I have done that would prevent this and the Impulse version does work with the expansion directly from us, so I would guess that it would work.

Has anyone else tried this yet?
I've just did its working great!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Expert

So did the Gamestop acquisition of Impulse put the brakes on this getting released on that platform? Still waiting for it to come out, but no luck so far.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgimp View Post
So did the Gamestop acquisition of Impulse put the brakes on this getting released on that platform? Still waiting for it to come out, but no luck so far.
We are in the process of getting DW on Impulse. I'm not sure how long it is going to take though.
Patreon