Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Expert

xD I think I'm already at the point of weak town-members being collateral damage.

Christ, this last town got attacked FOUR times before I could reach the 2nd floor >:O

What are the dis/advantages to wiping out all non-vital crew- I mean, town members?
Old 03-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushwhacker2k View Post
xD I think I'm already at the point of weak town-members being collateral damage.

Christ, this last town got attacked FOUR times before I could reach the 2nd floor >:O

What are the dis/advantages to wiping out all non-vital crew- I mean, town members?
The only disadvantage i can see would be no one to work and pay taxes. Sometimes the quest givers sabotage the town, just wait and see.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Elite

Quote:

One disadvantage is that if the town attack appears at the edge of the town, there's nobody to fight the monsters and slow down their progress, so the first person they'll get to is a quest giver.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
One disadvantage is that if the town attack appears at the edge of the town, there's nobody to fight the monsters and slow down their progress, so the first person they'll get to is a quest giver.
That's kinda what I was thinking. Do you lose reputation for offing a dude the same as if a monster had offed him?
Old 03-19-2011, 07:35 AM
Amateur

Quote:
That's kinda what I was thinking. Do you lose reputation for offing a dude the same as if a monster had offed him?
Yes.
Any NPC you kill by your own hand deals you a -rep.

I learned this one the hard way.
Two of my NPCs just wouldn't stop fighting, and to save my Warmaster, I stepped into the fight and killed the townsperson attacking my Warmaster.

Come to think of it, that town was kind of screwy anyways.
Save for my peace loving Apothecary, everyone was brawling in that town. Out of the 6 NPCs I lost in that town, I lost 5 NPCs to them killing eachother, and 1 NPC I killed myself.

Last edited by The Coffee God : 03-19-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Amateur

Today I learnt 1 GREAT way to handle a Town Defense while I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere with used Teleport Stone and blocked Gates.

I SUICIDE

Edit: And I STILL lost the town (my first ever loss!!) due to a Tornado touching down and killing my lone Steward.

Last edited by Srulz : 03-19-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Amateur

I would like some advance warning of a town attack. Maybe as an easier difficulty mode? Sometimes it's really random--you're deep in the dungeon, there's a town attack, and even though you know instantly where the nearest gate is and make a beeline for it, three or four town residents die before you get to the gate.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:36 AM
Expert

The most fun I've had with this game so far was when my character was slogging through a tricky dungeon and finally, finally killed the one boss that had been sending troublemakers up to town for ages.

Then right away, the town was wiped out in a couple of minutes by barbarian raiders.

I was flabbergasted, and strangely awed. It was the first time in a long time that a video game had made an impression on me. The setup is a great idea: you can really get involved in the fate of the town, investing all that effort into tracking down the sources of trouble.

I think most town invasions have a source. You can find plans, destroy gates and recon totems, eliminate bosses. The barbarians are probably totally independent, though, like a tornado.