Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > News > Din's Legacy
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2018, 04:29 PM
Elite

Alright, thanks, just wanted to make sure it was intentional.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:56 PM
Elite

New bug: I mutated and it took me from 3 skill points to -3 skill point?:

https://imgur.com/a/9nvVpk2

Char file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fpk394...ad_Me.zip/file

edit: I believe it's the focus skills that are causing the issue. Every time you mutate, your skill points get recalculated. And, the game recalculates your other focus skills as having cost points. The linked skills are a bit buggy in this regard, as when you mutate to get more than one of them, they won't be linked.

And, another bug report: Most town npcs spawn at half hp (30/60).

edit: Suggestion: Would be nice if you started as allied to the clan you have to protect in 'Clan Protector' scenario.

Last edited by Destro* : 09-27-2018 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:04 PM
Expert

The game defaults to having the attack icon on the toolbar with the number -1. I dragged the Necromancer's first AOE spell (forgot the name) on top of it. When I left the skill screen, it put the AOE spell in slot 2. I had to delete the attack icon from slot 1 by pressing the Delete Key to put the AOE spell in slot 2.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:05 PM
Expert

In addition to the Billboard, if not already added, would you please add random NPC's that give random Quests to the town? That would be fun.

Thank you.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:56 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
The game defaults to having the attack icon on the toolbar with the number -1. I dragged the Necromancer's first AOE spell (forgot the name) on top of it. When I left the skill screen, it put the AOE spell in slot 2. I had to delete the attack icon from slot 1 by pressing the Delete Key to put the AOE spell in slot 2.
Yeah, the only skills that I have been able to put into the number 1 slot are direct target spells and attacks. It seems AOE skills get overwritten by the basic attack every time.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:48 PM
Elite

New bug:

Diplomacy scenario can require you to ally a clan with itself, which is impossible: https://imgur.com/a/KK9BbVG

edit: Not sure if bug, but fearless and Bloodthirst don't have additional levels. (I can understand Bloodthirst, but fearless seems like it should have other levels)

edit 2: Bug, the brawl scenario sometimes doesn't spawn other clan leaders for you to fight. (A way point for a clan spawned in a wall out of reach, so could be related to spawning system.)

Feedback: Would be nice to have a 'no skip scenarios' mode as a difficulty option in the future, once all scenarios are confirmed beatable due to no bugs.

Feedback 2: Would be nice if reward chests dropped crafting materials. (even different types of chests would be cool)

Last edited by Destro* : 09-29-2018 at 01:33 AM.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:29 AM
Elite

Figure I'll make this a separate post to go over some of the things that are more new, updates or speculative.

Bugs:

First, the World War scenario causes far more lag than any other scenario. Please keep in mind I'm doing level 100 areas when I say this, as I don't recall it being a problem at lower level areas. However, it is extremely noticeable.

When going into level 200 areas, it almost feels like some scenarios are restricted? This is speculation of course... but I tried 100 new areas and couldn't get any of my 'top 4 areas' -> Adventure, total war, demigod, diplomancy.

The crash rate when going into new areas at level 200 is a lot higher than lower areas. No idea why.

At high level areas, you get scenarios where npcs don't spawn again, so you instantly lose 'protect the town' win conditions.

Reward chests don't always spawn when killing off clans in high level scenarios. There may be some conditions to this that I couldn't determine...

Passive bonuses on linked skills (like the focus skills) do not activate on skill usage. For example, if you get focus damage first and then focus armor later, if you then get a passive ability on focus armor later, it will say that the skill is not leveled.

Alll 'Only 1 can survive' scenario's generate a bugged tileset for the area.

And last, I don't have evidence for this one (because I wasn't in the mood), but I want to put down a record for historical purposes. When going into that one small outside map (kill all clan leaders scenario for example, with the orange desert theme), my entire character glitches out. This happens consistently. And, upon saving my character and going back out to the character menu, the name is gone like the 'no named character save' bug, but it even loses its three-mutation description tag too. Thankfully, I can go back in and make a new scenario and play him like normal. I don't have the evidence for this, so I suppose ignore this for now, but I wanted to put this message here as a record for the future.

Monster stun on hit is both overpowered and super annoying. A white skeleton hitting me for 30 damage of my 100,000 health being able to stun me for 2+ seconds is silly. I feel the best implementation of 'stun duration on hit' would be to make stun duration a ratio of damage done versus target health, with a minimum percentage of health loss required to even trigger a stun (3% health loss is significant enough). I acknowledge that defense can counter stun on hit.... but, I don't feel that players should have to counter absolutely pathetic amounts of damage.

This problem is further exacerbated by the fact that everything's attack range is far beyond its actual visual distance. This is to the extent that monsters can literally hit you through walls: https://imgur.com/a/w7fDOF8 (observe the styrac, who is attacking through the wall). Very annoying when fighting clans and it makes it so much easier for monsters to surround and stun-lock players.

There are naturally a ton of other balance comments that I'd love to make. But, I feel that those are definitely the most game impacting mechanics, since they literally affect every character from level 1 to level 100.

And, that's it from me! Good luck on the bug fixes and such until release.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:14 PM
Expert

Feature Requests:
Wands do a little more damage.
More Quest Types (cannot think of any yet)
Always have a least one vendor with a good amount of gold in town at the start of the game to sell stuff to.
The NPCS walk around areas that are on fire when in town.

Thank you.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Expert

Not sure if this has ever been requested before, but a quality of life feature which would be great is a button (remappable) that will use a potion of healing on your companion. Depending on the fight I'm in, it's sometimes a pain in the ass to open inventory and then drop a potion on my guy to heal him up.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplaw View Post
Not sure if this has ever been requested before, but a quality of life feature which would be great is a button (remappable) that will use a potion of healing on your companion. Depending on the fight I'm in, it's sometimes a pain in the ass to open inventory and then drop a potion on my guy to heal him up.
This already exists. F1 will give your first companion a potion, F2 the 2nd, etc.
Patreon