Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Elite

Oh, yeah, and in switching between languages, I lost my keyboard bindings :/ Can I just put the files needed in the language folders or do I have to put all the files in the Loc/English file in there?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, you are on a Mac. I'm not sure what counts as normal on a Mac. Windows Latin might work. You should just want the same encoding as our text files usually are.

You don't have to include all of the files. It will just use the English version of any files that aren't in the language you setup.
Patreon
Old 10-29-2011, 03:02 AM
Amateur

yea, i was also wondering about these steps, that you told.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Elite

I have a question about Demon War add-on. Can it be removed?
How do I do that? I have a Mac.

I have Din's Curse on my laptop and Din's Curse plus Demon War on my main computer. My son is borrowing my laptop for a few weeks.

If I remove Demon War will it mess up my character's I've been playing in it?

I sometimes get tired of running around 'donating stuff' and just want to play the straight game.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjoy View Post
I have a question about Demon War add-on. Can it be removed?
How do I do that? I have a Mac.

I have Din's Curse on my laptop and Din's Curse plus Demon War on my main computer. My son is borrowing my laptop for a few weeks.

If I remove Demon War will it mess up my character's I've been playing in it?

I sometimes get tired of running around 'donating stuff' and just want to play the straight game.
The easiest way to remove it is to move the file 'expansionPresent.txt' that's in your Applications/Din's Curse/Expansions/DemonWar/Assets folder elsewhere. That will disable the expansion, but there's a chance your characters won't work without it. For example, you might have an item in your inventory that is only generated by the expansion. You should also definitely create a new world.

Other than making donations to starving NPCs, is there anything else you want temporarily removed? I can make a mod where all NPCs are rich and none are starving, if that helps. Since Demon War adds a lot of extra stuff, it'd be a shame to turn the expansion off and miss out on all the other good stuff.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
The easiest way to remove it is to move the file 'expansionPresent.txt' that's in your Applications/Din's Curse/Expansions/DemonWar/Assets folder elsewhere. That will disable the expansion, but there's a chance your characters won't work without it. For example, you might have an item in your inventory that is only generated by the expansion. You should also definitely create a new world.

Other than making donations to starving NPCs, is there anything else you want temporarily removed? I can make a mod where all NPCs are rich and none are starving, if that helps. Since Demon War adds a lot of extra stuff, it'd be a shame to turn the expansion off and miss out on all the other good stuff.
Give me a day or two to think about it - the mod that is and if I want something else 'deleted'. Thanks for the thought.

edit: Okay, can't think of anything else to put in mod. If you can just make a mod stopping the NPC's from begging, that would be great...Mac version please. (or if it's for all - do it that way)

Thank you very much.

Last edited by Amberjoy : 11-14-2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: adding on.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjoy View Post
I pestered Steven to make starving/in-debt NPCs a game option, but... Oh, well... I just run around town at the beginning of a new town and make sure everyone has enough money to get by 'till I finish the town, but it's still a nuisance.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLord View Post
I pestered Steven to make starving/in-debt NPCs a game option, but... Oh, well... I just run around town at the beginning of a new town and make sure everyone has enough money to get by 'till I finish the town, but it's still a nuisance.
Yes, that's what I've ended up doing in each town the last few days. But that is not an option when you first start the game. I also stock up on crap items (ones I found only) when ready to go to the next town to put in Warmasters equipment/lottery when I first arrive.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Legend

Here's the mod I made. Drop this in your Din's Curse/Expansion/DemonWar/Assets directory.

The mod still allows starvation, but it should (in theory) only happen when there's some event that causes it. I changed NPCs to eat at 1/2 the rate they did before, and no NPCs will start out poor. Let me know if this is a good enough change, or if too many NPCs still starve.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
Here's the mod I made. Drop this in your Din's Curse/Expansion/DemonWar/Assets directory.

The mod still allows starvation, but it should (in theory) only happen when there's some event that causes it. I changed NPCs to eat at 1/2 the rate they did before, and no NPCs will start out poor. Let me know if this is a good enough change, or if too many NPCs still starve.
Gee, thanks! I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.