Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Expert

Default Class/Gameplay Balance

Heya, Spell here. So, DoP has done a freaking awesome job with the monsters, classes, skills, and the game in general. I'd like to get an opinion from you guys about class comparison. Any classes seem to have an overall advantage always over the others? One class always way too weak? I mean, there are some classes that have a slow start, yet freaking own at later levels *cough*rogue*cough* .. and then some who start out very easy and good yet arnt the best really at later levels. What do you guys think?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Expert

Preist OWNS i love the heal all i do when i am attacking AI's is heal myself and use my range spell (spell is weak don't bother with buffs you never use them and they not to good only up the faith recovery lesser heal (timing is better then the stronger one) and the first spell) and i always win (except when on lvl 10 i suck there lol i gues it is cause I am now only lvl 8 but any ways just make alliance with treasure hunters and you own lvl 10) {by the way i recomend going in the sinking desert only with a NPC not a recutee and heal at lvl 3 }{i died a lot cause of the heal weakness}
Old 06-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Expert

True that, my friend. Priests for the win.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Amateur

Default i have the perfect mod

i have the perfect mod for balancing out this game more skill points so your spells are actually useful WOW. combined max party mod and challenge mod and did some of my own balancing such as taking down the rogues power alot for slice and rupture but with the increased skill points it levels it out beautifuly so that npc rogues are not way more powerful then player rogues if you look at the code you'll flip your lid of how much of an advantage they get but you can email me and i will send you the mod email me at rhayden_67@yahoo.ca
Old 09-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Elite

You know, they have crazy advantages that are not quite enough to balance out the arsenal of awesome you're carrying around.
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?
Old 09-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Champion

well, it's not possible to change the max level, it appears to be hard coded, regardless of what the mod appears to be capable of(if you want to try it, I created a mod giving massive exp multipliers, which I used to reach level 100 in around 20 minutes, although I got wiped out a couple of times during that period(who would have thought how powerfull the AI would be when you don't have the money to buy your moves, but they get their moves without such costs, and ofcourse, they do more damage per stat point that the player) -- the mod was created so I could try and get the max level, but it doesn't work )

you can raise your stats over 250 thanks to the mod though, which is an improvement, although not as good as it sounds.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Elite

The damage bonus only applies to recruits, i believe. AI heros get no such advantage.

EDIT: recruit is defined as the secondary people in a covenant, who have limited gear and move slots. hero is the leader of a covenant, who get full access to gear and moves but have no hidden bonuses.
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?