Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Elite

Sometimes getting a new warmaster can take a while. Check this thread out.

http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2809
Old 11-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Expert

I've a said completed mission, but it shows too that an item is missing. So I can't finish the mission with the giver npc, nor can I loot the missing item as the mob droping them are no longer spawned.

Last edited by Vifarc : 11-09-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Expert

What spawn rate did you put for the village yoú're curently in Vilfarc?

Try going around a bit in other levels and come back then, waiting for spawns in the level itself always gives the impression of waiting longer imo
Old 11-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Elite

You can also do a save-and-exit, and then come back in. That sometimes wakes things up a bit.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
You can also do a save-and-exit, and then come back in. That sometimes wakes things up a bit.
That and heading back to town for a short time to see if there are other quests and doing one or two. That usually clears things up.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Expert

That's ok. But I'm not sure about what happened:
As there were so many npc in my town, with at least 10 merchants, I didn't see the npc for the quest was not in town. He reappeared whan I succeded some quest and I could give him my "completed" quest where an item was missing.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Champion

Default Accidental activation of all optional quests?

When my friend and I played our second multiplayer game yesterday something odd happened.

In our first session, we played a direct connect game and saved a town. There were one or two optional quests left but we hadn't picked them up. He "saved and exited" first, and then I saved and

In our second session, I hosted an internet game on the US West servers starting from where we left off. When I logged in I noticed that the town was still saved, but everyone, and I mean everyone from Din to the normal quest givers to every single towns folk in their houses had a red question mark above them.

Every single person had an optional quest to give us. The normal quest givers -- Warmaster, Steward, etc -- had multiple quests.

I'm pretty sure this was a bug, although it was one of those nice "bugs" that I wouldn't mind calling a feature every now and then.

I don't know if the steps above are enough to reproduce the problem, because we didn't try to reproduce it. At some point we just got bored and saved the town.

As an aside about having that many quests active: it wasn't as lucrative as one might think. With all of those optional quests active, lots of town people would try and solve the quests. Sometimes they solved the quest that got us negative reputation. Most of the time the townspeople got killed, again, negative reputation.

Then again, with all the dead towns people, I've never seen so many "avenge me" quests. It helped balance out our rapidly dwindling reputation.

Last edited by jeremyosborne : 11-21-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: clarity