Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Invasion of the Ancients
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 06:10 AM
Elite

I've had this happen again in a new sector with 1.021, though it wasn't the "ship immediately changes races" problem.

Drox, Brunt, Utopian and Mutant, all in an Alliance or Mutual Protection Pact with each other, were all at war against Drakk and Dryad (in a Non Aggression Pact) and Legion. We destroyed a Drakk planet. About five minutes later, Mutant colonized that planet, and immediately declared war on Brunt, whom they were in an Alliance with (still with good relations). Utopian, in a Mutual Protection Pact with Brunt, honored their Mutant Alliance and also declared war on Brunt. Utopian and Mutant both still had high relations with Brunt, but Brunt now had high 30s with both of them rather than 75+ before the shenanigans.

It's messy in the relations screen too. In the trade interface, Brunt isn't an option under "Make peace with" for either Utopian or Mutant, even though it shows a red dotted line and "(War)" in their respective relations lines.

I tried a few things including declaring war on Brunt myself then having Mutant and Utopian make peace with Brunt, but the relations screen still showed them at war. I also tried exiting and reloading not long after it happened, which didn't do anything helpful. I have a save if it's helpful.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:16 AM
Elite

...And shortly afterwards, Utopian colonized a planet in the same system that I'm pretty sure was previously destroyed by us, and their ally Mutant immediately declared war on them. So much for my four way diplomatic win plan.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

That sad thing is each time I fix definite bugs. There's just more than 1 way for all of this to happen.
Patreon
Old 08-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
That sad thing is each time I fix definite bugs. There's just more than 1 way for all of this to happen.
There definitely seems to be a theme with "re-colonization confusion".
Old 09-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
There definitely seems to be a theme with "re-colonization confusion".
The only times I have seen this bug in 1.021 has been after re-colonization. There is definite progress - I have no doubt that eventually it will get completely squashed.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Elite

I hoped that I would not have to resurrect this thread, but the HOON bug is definitely present in 1.030. I was artificially extending my stay in a level 160 sector by not allying with the all of the remaining (mostly allied) races, and I had three wars start immediately after a planet was colonized, despite the races in question being quite friendly, as evidenced by my brokering peace immediately afterwards. This is the log from the third time it happened:

01:04:21 - Scavenger has colonized Dorsplar in the Taurux system.
01:04:22 - Scavenger declares War on Drakk
01:04:22 - Fringe honors Alliance with Scavenger, declares War on Drakk
01:04:24 - Fringe and Drakk declare peace
01:04:24 - Scavenger and Drakk declare peace

By the way, even after I broker peace, the races are not guaranteed to cease hostilities unless I quit and reload.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Elite

I have practically stopped using diplomacy for brokering alliances. And this is why:

00:07:07 - The colony on Ritta (Utopian) in Lupus has been destroyed by Blood Claw.
[snip]
00:10:22 - Dryad and Fringe have forged an Alliance
[snip]
00:10:55 - Dryad has colonized Ritta in the Lupus system.
[snip]
00:11:44 - Dryad declares War on Fringe

Shadow, please look at this issue again. I know you have fixed many, many ways in which this used to occur, but there is at least one left in 1.032.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

I'll look at it again.
Patreon
Old 12-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Elite

Default This bug has a thousand lives...

Unfortunately, this log is from v1.034. The Fringe and the Utopians had a non-aggression pact, and were kicking Zarlok all over the sector.

00:10:29 - The colony on Vlangini (Zarlok) in Izarctria has been destroyed by Fringe.
[snip]
00:10:57 - Utopian has colonized Vlangini in the Izarctria system.
[snip]
00:11:25 - Utopian declares War on Fringe
00:11:27 - Utopian and Fringe declare peace

No save will help with pinpointing the problem, because quitting and loading prevents it from occurring. Still, it happens with terrible regularity when you have multiple races beating on another.