Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2015, 02:11 PM
Legend

Default I have honestly had large frustration with this game

This game has many features that are cool and many that are frustrating.

I am pretty patient with most games so long as they let me play them are not too frustrating. This game is frustrating to say the least.

For one the game is alot of fun with the doperil feel to it and a little of dins. But on the other hand the game expects that you have watched startrek or one of those shows to understand just what the hell is what.

I have not watched those shows so therefore any chance of me knowing anything in this game is hopeless.

But even with that I still plug along and grind my char I am playing because its still fun.

Up until my defense and attack wont go up and enemies can hit me %57. Its ok to people that know how to remedy this but I dont. An idea that comes to mind would to put points in command.

Only that command lowers your defense even more so that is bad idea.

I have played tactical rpgs and strategy games that were less confusing and that says alot.

I STILL like the game though and want to continue the character to see how far he gets but until this gets remedied I dont know what to do.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
But on the other hand the game expects that you have watched startrek or one of those shows to understand just what the hell is what.

I have not watched those shows so therefore any chance of me knowing anything in this game is hopeless.
Just curious, "what the hell is what" refers to what ship components do or something else?
Old 07-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Legend

It was a typo. I feel like an idiot really because it seems everyone else knows what to do so you dont lose defense. I am surprised though because depths of peril, kivi's and dins I know so well.

In this game I just dont know how to play I guess. I hope I am not coming across mean I just want to make this char cause I kind of like the game.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Legend

Just reached lv10 and I have a 69% chance to be hit from all enemies

I have a 89% chance to hit a lvl 10 enemy. I run out of energy quickly and the enemies are impossible to defeat without 7-10 shield, armor and energy enhancing items.

Any ideas?
Old 07-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

The main ways to increase the defense of your ship is to add crew points to Helm and install computer components.

It also sounds like you need some kind of battery components so you have more energy to work with.
Patreon
Old 07-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Elite

The biggest thing (for me anyways -especially early on) is using battery rechargers. These are one of the key things (again, for me) to get my power back up to snuff after a battle. I have used 3 or 4 of them in the lower slots instead of crew to keep my power up. I'm always on look-out for better ones. Also, you could also equip a mine, which are useful if you come across a really tough enemy - just run away out of the star system and drop mines as he follows you until he's a gonner.

Also, a great way to damage multiple ships is by equipping an EMP weapon as a secondary weapon. I use the right click slot to fire it. (plus - they seem to consume less power than some other weapons. (and you didn't sound "mean)

Last edited by PixelLord : 07-01-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
The main ways to increase the defense of your ship is to add crew points to Helm and install computer components.

It also sounds like you need some kind of battery components so you have more energy to work with.
Thats the thing though. Unless I am glitched or my version is glitched, every point to defense doesnt register to my ship. I should have 200-300 defense but it doesnt register with my ship. I also have maxed out on attack. I should have 270 but it maxes out on 195.

Is there an old version that could cause this?
Old 07-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Bigger hulls will lower defense and so will some effects here and there, but nothing should cap defense or attack.

I would apply the latest patch and see it the problem still persists. You could also email me your character save and I see what's up.
Patreon
Old 07-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Legend

I am using the most current patch and its just that the defense/attack is capped on this char. I sent the character save to vbulletin but that doesnt work. Unfortunately the folder for it is WELL HIDDEN. It goes

C: Users/Myusername Then instead of appdata there is application data and from there it goes to microsoft. I tried a number of times to find the save files but it is very well hidden. I will try again tomorrow. If not I might have to delete the whole game from my system.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

The saves are at:

Vista/Win7 - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DroxOperative\User\chars
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\DroxOperative\User\chars

Note: The AppData directory in Vista/Win7 is hidden by default.

Email me the 4 files that start with your ship name. You can find my email address on our contact page.
Patreon